Thread: Sun and Moon Speculation: Logos

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sun and Moon Speculation: Logos

Right, so if this forum is going to change with the coming of Sun and Moon, so be it. I've been meaning to type up my first topic for this anyways and might as do it now while there's so little info on the new games.

---

From what I've seen, the logos have been a rather popular point of discussion, next to the location of our next Pokemon region and maybe Magearna/Zygarde('s forms and role)? Anyway, have a look at the Japanese logos for the upcoming games.

Spoiler!

There are two things that people have noticed:

1) The gems in the middle of the logos
    2) The comet looking things that replace the ° in ポ.

I haven't really seen a whole lot of discussion on the second point, but people seem to have latched onto the first point because of the Japanese logos for X and Y. They look like this:

Spoiler!

If you haven't noticed, the symbols in the middle of the X and Y logos represent what we now know as Mega Evolution. Seeing that both the X/Y and Sun/Moon logos have similar features, people are trying to figure out what the gems in the middle of the Sun and Moon logos might mean.

So what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Shaymin; 04-21-2016 at 03:54 AM. Reason: if this thread seems a little sloppy, it means that it was rather late when I typed this and I needed to go to bed

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    The gem thing is very vague, I'm not completely sure what to make of it. Is Team Eclipsey Solar Flare trying to conquer a diamond mine or something? Like, the helix in the XY logo was a little bit telling; if you wanted to play a little word association, you could eventually come up with "evolution" and play around with those kinds of ideas for a bit, maybe.

The comet thing is more interesting. Still waiting for a conclusion to the Delta Episode from ORAS - which those of you who played it may remember had a thing about a meteoroid and Deoxys and a meteoroid and an apocalypse and a meteoroid and stuff involved in it, so . . . nah, that's as dead as the sign advertising a future Battle Frontier, right?

That said, I'm probably going to do what I did for X and Y and stop paying attention to all pok,mon news after E3 so that there's a little more surprise involved when the games actually come out.