Thread: Character Creation Challenge: OVERWATCH

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Character Creation Challenge: OVERWATCH

With the release of Blizzard's new game, Overwatch, I saw that there was a HUGE potential for creativity. The world they crafted allowed for a lot of potential characters and powers/move sets, and I thought it would be cool if some normal people created their own! (I know Blizzard said they would consider fan submissions/designs, but it sounds a lot more like PR talk). Then I remembered that the forums existed. Then I remembered that I had just the format for stuff like this. Then I remembered that only three people other than myself submitted content. I realized that one of the things that put people off was that some people, of their own admission, can't draw for the life of them. So I'm changing the rules of this, and now extending the challenge to envelop all kinds of media! Drawing, Photoshopping, writing, whatever it is you want to create to meet the challenge, I'm accepting it!

Your challenge this time: Create your own "hero" that would fit within the world of Overwatch, be they a rising hero, like D.Va or Lucio, a returning hero, like Reinhardt or Winston, or even a villain, like Widowmaker or Reaper. As long as they fit as a playable character, balance issues be damned, it counts! As Tracer says, "The world could always use more heroes!"

A few ground rules:
    • Every hero must have four abilities: A basic ability (Their weapon of choice), two special abilities, and an Ultimate ability
    • They must fit within one of four categories: Offense, Defense, Support, and Tank
    • NO MAGIC. I don't care what theories are going around regarding the Dragons, Blizzard clearly implies that magic does not exist within the world of Overwatch.
    • Backstory helps! It doesn't have to be complex, it could be generic as hell, but backstory helps us understand the character and their motivations better, and sometimes even explains the origins of their abilities!
    • NAMES. It could be a code-name, like Mercy, Tracer, or Reaper, a real name, like Hanzo, McCree, or Lucio, or even a media-given nickname, like Soldier:76, name your character! Again, it allows us to connect with your character.
    • No Mary Sues/Marty Stus! Every Overwatch character may be over-powered, but none of them are gods. Have the characters be believable, with strengths and weaknesses.

I'll upload my submission later, but here's how I would like the format:
    Spoiler!

Happy Creating!

~Xerodragon12
    Last edited by Xerodragon12; 05-26-2016 at 03:08 AM.

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's my example!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Xerodragon12; 05-26-2016 at 06:34 PM.

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|