Thread: I'm Playing Through Apollo Justice for the 1st Time, here are my gradual impressions

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238

I'm Playing Through Apollo Justice for the 1st Time, here are my gradual impressions

This post will contain spoilers for Apollo Justice, and possibly for other Ace Attorney Games in general.

So with AA6's release on the horizon, I decided to finally play through Apollo Justice. As I playthrough it, I thought I'd might as well give my impressions every play session.

So in my first sitting I finished case 1 and started case 2.

Case 1 (Turnabout Trump) Impressions: FULL SPOILERS FOR THIS CASE
    This is my favorite 1st case in the series. It feels like it could honestly be a final case of a game. I'd been spoiled about Kristoph Gavin well before I played the game, but I didn't know he was in the first case. I also knew about Phoenix's situation, so that wasn't a shock. Despite these things, I was pleasently surprised to have such a complex case as the 1st one. It wasn't difficult, but it definitely made you think, which a lot of the case 1's in the series don't do. The biggest thing that bugged me about it, and the game as a whole, is how Phoenix coped with losing his attorney's badge. I just CAN'T see the Phoenix from Trials and Tribulations in a situation like this. His character doesn't feel like Phoenix at all. It's especially odd considering he's perfectly back to normal in Dual Destinies.

Case 2 very brief first impression:
    I got into the begginning of the case, investigated the hit and run, and then went to the noodle shop. So far, I'm not really a fan of this case. None of the side characters so far interest me, which is very important to an Ace Attorney case. This makes investigating very boring, and I've had to re do it twice due to my power randomly going out during a storm. Trucy makes it tolerable though, she's adorable.

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    Case 1 is probably the best case in Apollo Justice. I could call it one of the best in the series. Phoenix is very strange in this game, yes.

The investigation sequences in this game are just tedious. Be prepared to be bored out of your mind with them.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Case 2 and 3 are ridiculous. Then again, I say that about all cases not actually relevant to the story, because, well, I don't see the point in them existing.

Cases 1 and 4, though, are fưcking amazing.