Thread: Alola Forms, Z Moves and a Few Other Things

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215

Alola Forms, Z Moves and a Few Other Things

So we got a rather long Sun-Moon video today.

- A bunch of old Pokémon (namely Kanto Pokémon) get these new "Alola forms." I have mixed feelings about this. I'd rather Sandslash gets a legitimate new evolution than a special form only available in Alola. Like they did with Sinnoh.

- Alola Trials, one for each island. Finally, some serious sidequesting in Pokémon games. At least, I assume. We only got to see the bosses at the end today, though.

- A couple new Pokémon. Meh.

- Z Moves, which are basically the "attack" analogue of Mega Evolutions. You only get to use one a battle and they're supposedly ridiculously powerful, though I'm not sure what order of magnitude the base power's on. I don't like these. I didn't like Mega Evolutions 'cause power creep, and these look about the same. They look kind of cool, but I wouldn't be surprised if between these and the (undoubtedly more power creep-filled) Alola forms I never bother to get into Gen 7 competitive.

- Edit: oh yeah, you get to ride Pokémon too. This had better be what it looks like it is. *shakes fist in Nintendo's general direction*

Go.
    Last edited by Dragonite; 08-01-2016 at 02:42 PM.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It looks like they're doing away with the gyms and replacing them with the Trials, which actually breathes life into a tried and true formula. After twenty years of "Defeat 8 gyms and then the elite four and then defeat an evil team along the way", it's actually cool that they're trying something new. Also, someone compared the Z-moves to Limit breaks in Final Fantasy? As long as it's balanced well, I don't think power creep will be much of an issue. Also, it seems as though JoJo is leaking into another franchise.

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    More like Aloha form, right? Seriously, why would they make everything Hawaii themed and then misname these forms by a letter? Maybe I'm missing something. It's not like it translates to anything, though.
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohack View Post
    More like Aloha form, right? Seriously, why would they make everything Hawaii themed and then misname these forms by a letter? Maybe I'm missing something. It's not like it translates to anything, though.
    The name of the region is the "Alola" region, so the regional variants are the "Alola variants"

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|

The One True Pervert DonatorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It seems like the Trials can be more than just Pokemon battling. Kiawe (Fire trial guy) says something about dancing.

Also, Alola Ninetails is GORGEOUS.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicCh33se View Post
    Kiawe (Fire trial guy) says something about dancing.
    Tierno was a generation ahead of his time, it seems.

Also that reminds me, maybe this will finally be the Orange Island game people have been wanting for ages now?

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    New ninetails is the dragon slayer.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    Alolan forms are an uninteresting idea imo, I really don't see what's so brilliant about them. and don't you even get me started on neckseggutor
    As for Z-Moves, Bloom Doom is the only one that matters, fite me irl if you think otherwise.
    Also leaks