Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Religion Discussion Thread

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Religion Discussion Thread

Maybe it's better if there are only 3-4 people here. Lol.

Religion has always been a controversial subject, having its pros and cons. I'd like to discuss some points for and against religions like Christianity. What do you think?

So I found this site, http://kyroot.com/ with the author presenting arguments against Christianity. I'm gonna bring up point #2 out of the currently 1261 reasons: http://www.kyroot.com/?p=8#realworld

Basically, the Bible describes "a world where a snake and a donkey communicated with human beings in a human language, where people could reach upward of 900 years old, where a woman instantaneously transformed into a pillar of salt, where a pillar of fire could lead people by night, and where the sun stopped moving across the sky or could even back up". There is also a rebuttal to this point: http://www.kyroot.com/?page_id=1299 , although Gary Shadle only responded to 7 points until now.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    a world where a snake and a donkey communicated with human beings in a human language, where people could reach upward of 900 years old, where a woman instantaneously transformed into a pillar of salt, where a pillar of fire could lead people by night, and where the sun stopped moving across the sky or could even back up
    I feel that if this was taken to a worldbuilding community or something for feedback, it'd get condemned as "the author does whatever they want purely because they can and constantly abusing the Deus Ex Machina plot device to weasel their way out of it."

Scripture is pretty weird.

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
    I feel that if this was taken to a worldbuilding community or something for feedback, it'd get condemned as "the author does whatever they want purely because they can and constantly abusing the Deus Ex Machina plot device to weasel their way out of it."

Scripture is pretty weird.
    I imagine that. Speaking of which,

Quote Originally Posted by point #2 of kyroot
    And finally it is a world where God feels that he must kill his own son because he can find no other way to forgive people of their sins.
    LOL.

Anyway, I remember you saying you used to be very religious.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    yeah, back in middle school. then I missed church once and discovered that I wasn't predisposed to murdering people if I didn't daydream through a set piece from the 1930s for an hour every week.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    probably already said this before
    the bible was written to be well understood in that time period
    nitpicking the bible at face value is probably one of the weakest ways to argue religion.

i'll read those articles later lmao
    follow my epic twitter account @chairycoke

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    forum's completely dead and ubers is still trying to bait a flame war god bless
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eoghy View Post
    forum's completely dead and ubers is still trying to bait a flame war god bless
    Prove it.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I suppose I'll make a post about my religion.

Exequorism is the belief in the three creations, each created by their respective God, and that each creation is guided by it’s creator towards perfection.

The First Creation, Omne (of the God Omnis), is the entire universe except for the Homines and the Una.

The Second Creation, Homines (of the God Homo), within but separate from Omne, is the entirety of man except for the Una.

The Third Creation, Unum [plural: Una] (of the God Unus), within but separate from Homines, is the soul of each individual person.

A Sectator is one who follows Exequorism; that is, a sectator is one who follows the guidance of each God to contribute to the destined perfection of the Omne, the Homines, and their Unum.

The Una of people who contributes to all three destined perfections will be preserved after the person dies; the una of all other people will be destroyed.

Once the three creations have reached their destined perfection, the universe will enter the Seculum Perfectum, and all preserved Una will return to the universe in the perfect form.
    Last edited by Sylveon; 09-11-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Religion thread? Uh oh. Xpl better not see this or he'll lock the thread.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Let's be honest, it's people posting comments like that which caused him to complain about us in the first place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast