Thread: Winter Anime 2016/2017

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Winter Anime 2016/2017

I seem to be running a streak of putting out this sort of thread in the dead of night, so why not. No real enthusiastic intro this time.

Spoiler!

As always, the bigger version of the chart can be found here if you need it.

Will watch:
    • Little Witch Academia - Really enjoyed the OVA. Why not.
    • KonoSuba S2 - I seem to have finished the first season in a couple days and while I really don't enjoy the art direction (much prefer Kurone's illustrations) nor the humor, the last episode was too good at being a sellout. Plus I need to occupy time. Ugh.
    • Ao no Exorcist S2 - Same reasons as Little Witch Academia, but with the first season.

Might watch:
    • Akiba's Trip the Animation
    • Kuzu no Honkai - Recommendation from another forum. I don't really enjoy romance, but I might need something that's not heavy. Or at least not in a hopeless way.

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    This season has Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu season 2. AOTY 2016 has a sequel just as good. I'm so sad that so few people watched it last year. So very sad.....

Blue Exorcist was the 2nd anime I watched so I was excited for a season 2, and it's been pretty good so far. The opening is awesome.

Konosuba returns about the same as it left, as a show that is so much more entertaining than it should be. I love this show.

Little Witch Academia has returned to he a full fledged anime, and it's wonderful! Akko is such a great protagonist.

As for non-sequels I've been watching:

Masamune-kun: Fun romance story about the MC becoming not fat when the heroine made fun of him, and he vowed his revenge by becoming hot to make her fall for him so he can dump her.

Acca 13: Nothing has happened in the first 2 episodes but it's been entertaining as hell. I don't know how, but it has. The soundtrack is god tier, and the opening is something I've been listening to on repeat.

Youjo Senki: Cruel business man gets reincarnated to a small blonde girl voiced by Aoi Yuuki who is the leader of a squad in a war with magic powers. She's also absolutely evil. It's been entertaining and the opening is ridiculously good. Myth and Roid do the best anime ops/eds.

Seiren: Romance. Good romance. It's pretty fun and I like it, but it's just a romance show.

Dropped:

Eldive: Dropped this like a rock.

Onihei: Bored me to tears.

Overall as long as the non-sequel shows don't lose their thunder this will be a great season. Stand outs are definitely Rakugo Shinjuu S2 and Little Witch Academia, along with Acca 13 as my favorite non-sequel show so far.

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    I'm currently watching:

Masamune-kun: Aki is a cute, and while I feel like the revenge thing won't go like I want it to in the end, I'll keep watching because it's been fun.

Seiren: It's the spiritual successor / sequel to my first anime, so I'm honor bound to watch it.

Gabriel Dropout: I really enjoyed Umaru-chan's humor and jokes about being a NEET in general, so this is more of the same plus some more pretty funny character (see SATANIA).

KonoSuba S2: Of course I'll watch this - it's a fun show, and I agree I'm not as big of a fan of the art this time around but it's fun regardless. Also Aqua is the best.

I'm also trying to get through a few Gundam series (0079, Build Fighters Try and Wing) so yay.