Thread: Unity Academy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Unity Academy

History
    Unity Academy is a prestigious school that serves as a sign of unity in the Unova region. The Academy was founded far back in Unova's history when the tribes that coexisted with another. After these tribes unified, the leaders of this new nation wanted a symbol of unity. These became Nimbasa City and Castelia City. After the Neo Team Plasma incidence in the region, a school was proposed to bring the region together. This became Unity Academy. The founders of the school wanted that the students had automatic access to the Pokemon League once graduating. To appease the league a house system and battle system was implemented. Students would be in separate houses, facing another in monthly battle tournaments. Naturally, there were protest. The school decided to add programs like Breeding and other subject areas in case a student was not interested in League. They will still have to battle but they could take classes outside of battling. The rivalry between the houses has picked up in recent years, some of the houses even cheating to win the most important tournament: The Unity Cup.

The Houses
    Spoiler!

General School Information:
    Spoiler!

School Rules (In character):
    Spoiler!

Classes:
    Mandatory Classes for all paths:
    Spoiler!

Trainers (Including Mandatory Classes):
    Spoiler!

Breeder (Including Mandatory Classes):
    Spoiler!

Ranger (Including Mandatory Classes):
    Spoiler!

Scientist (Including Mandatory Classes):
    Spoiler!

Professor (Including Mandatory Classes
    Spoiler!

Teacher (Including Mandatory Classes):
    Spoiler!

Application(Character):
    Name:
    Year: 1st-5th Year
    Path: Breeder, Trainer, Ranger, Professor, and Scientist/Researcher
    House(Please justify why they are in house of choice):
    Personality
    History(Just tell me a brief character history):

Pokemon:
    Pokemon(Plural for those of higher years) your character will receive is determined by a personality test. (I hope you guys do it. This took some effort)
    Spoiler!

Roleplay Rules:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Ferrospike; 02-02-2017 at 05:22 AM.

"Because I fell in love with the girl at the rock show
    She said "what?" and I told her that I didn't know
    She's so cool, gonna sneak in through her window
    Everything's better when she's around"
    Spoiler!

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    i am fully prepared for another train wreck but who really cares

Name: Lucca Snow
    Year: 1
    Path: Professor
    House: Desert Resort, because knowledge is power
    Personality: wants to solve the mysteries of the universe such as why animals possess such magical powers and why we park on driveways and drive on parkways. Somewhat impatient. "History" does not make this very easy. Sort of like N except less of a dweeb.
    History: Just recently moved from the real world and, having never played a Pokémon game before, isn't quite up to speed on the customs of the land

Pokemon:
    Spoiler!

i'll probably reference Prima as an NPC because reasons but won't actively write for her. also i swear you got half of this test from the ADD/HD questionnaire.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
    Spoiler!
    I'm going to accept this out of a joke xD

Your Starter Pokemon Is:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Ferrospike; 02-02-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Spoiler!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    Name: Johan Gram Smith
    Year: 4th Year
    Path: Ranger
    House: N/A (doesn't match any house or even care to be in one, but Desert Resort is the closest match because of his quick intuition.)
    Personality: First off, Johan's loyalty lies only with himself. His main motives for doing anything is self-preservation, but besides that he's lazy and cynical. He enjoys jokes at the expense of others so long as they don't require too much effort, a bit of snark is simple enough and gets a long way (read: he's a sarcastic bugger). The only other living thing he continually cares about is a Pachirisu named Siegfried (can be an NPC if required). From time to time he feels sympathy but most of the time he only despises people. He has a strong moral code and believes in doing the right thing, but his moral code tends to not run parallel to the law. Enjoys parkour.
    History: Born in the slums of Driftveil City, Johan lost both his parents at only 4 years old. He doesn't remember anything about them, not even their names or his real surname, though he suspects that it might be his middle name. From this young age, he had to fend for himself and took up stealing food to keep himself alive. Pretty damn good thief, considering he managed to evade capture for 8 whole years.
    At 12 years old, he was chased farther than usual and ended up in a forest far north. There he encountered a lone, wounded Pachirisu that he nursed back to health and gave the name Siegfried.
    A year later, when Johan and Siegfried had become good friends, a heist went wrong for the first time. Johan was captured and sent to be educated, the judge probably trying to be lenient considering his background. Thus began his time at the Academy.

Pokemon:
    (I'm answering according to Johan, not myself. I assume that's the point but let me know if I should change it.)
    Spoiler!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Lord Nayru View Post
    Name: Johan Gram Smith
    Year: 4th Year
    Path: Ranger
    House: N/A (doesn't match any house or even care to be in one, but Desert Resort is the closest match because of his quick intuition.)
    Personality: First off, Johan's loyalty lies only with himself. His main motives for doing anything is self-preservation, but besides that he's lazy and cynical. He enjoys jokes at the expense of others so long as they don't require too much effort, a bit of snark is simple enough and gets a long way (read: he's a sarcastic bugger). The only other living thing he continually cares about is a Pachirisu named Siegfried (can be an NPC if required). From time to time he feels sympathy but most of the time he only despises people. He has a strong moral code and believes in doing the right thing, but his moral code tends to not run parallel to the law. Enjoys parkour.
    History: Born in the slums of Driftveil City, Johan lost both his parents at only 4 years old. He doesn't remember anything about them, not even their names or his real surname, though he suspects that it might be his middle name. From this young age, he had to fend for himself and took up stealing food to keep himself alive. Pretty damn good thief, considering he managed to evade capture for 8 whole years.
    At 12 years old, he was chased farther than usual and ended up in a forest far north. There he encountered a lone, wounded Pachirisu that he nursed back to health and gave the name Siegfried.
    A year later, when Johan and Siegfried had become good friends, a heist went wrong for the first time. Johan was captured and sent to be educated, the judge probably trying to be lenient considering his background. Thus began his time at the Academy.

Pokemon:
    (I'm answering according to Johan, not myself. I assume that's the point but let me know if I should change it.)
    Spoiler!

He has to be in a house

Spoiler!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    Desert Resort it is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Lord Nayru View Post
    Desert Resort it is.
    Accepted

Your Pokemon:
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Name: Miyoko Nishimiya
    Year: 2nd year
    Path: Breeder
    House: Abundant Shrine. She is a bit of a misfit and doesn't really fit into the other houses so Abundant Shrine is a default for her
    Spoiler!

Personality: Miyoko is an awkward mess. She has issues talking to people, keeps to herself, and actively talks to her Pokemon. She has issues in social situations and tries to avoid them. Absolutely inept trainer.
    History: Miyoko was born and lived most of her life in a small town near Abundant Shrine. She never had any special abilities when it came to Pokemon and was often shunned for it. Until she came to Unity, she had few friends. Even with her awkwardness, she made friends at the school. In the school, people from the more selective houses have picked on her in the past. She has not participated in a Pokemon battle yet.

Pokemon:
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Meh, why not? inb4 everyone dies

Spoiler!

Name: Chiara Brennan
    Year: 4th year
    Path: Breeder
    House: Abundant Shrine, because friendship requires loyalty (and Chiara couldn't care less about rivalries).
    Personality: Chiara is a kind girl, who finds herself making friends with everyone she meets. She thinks that everyone deserves a friend and does her best to be that friend for people. She tends to worry a bit too much about other people and will do whatever it takes to make people happy.
    History: Chiara grew up in Castelia City as the middle child in a family of artists. Her life was fairly boring after that, until she found out that her parents were going on an art tour around and were leaving her and her siblings in schools instead of bring them along. While her brother and sister objected, Chiara was ecstatic.
    (Also Chiara's siblings may or may not show up at some point as NPCs.)

Pokemon:
    Spoiler!

I'm cool like the rain and hot like the sun, I'm a neon rainbow and you're no fun~

Spoiler!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Accepted!

Pokemon: (One of your Pokemon can have a hidden ability)
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast