Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity Academy

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The 30th of September came faster than any of the staff of the school expected. It felt like yesterday to them when they waved the graduating students' goodbye and wished the returning students a good summer. It all felt so fresh, even though it had been several months. Now it was Sunday and all of the students had returned. The headmaster rubbed his eyes, looking over his announcements for the school. Flipping a switch, he started to speak in his regular even tones.

"Welcome Students to the newest year at Unity Academy. To all our old students, welcome back. To our new students welcome. As some of our old students might remember, tomorrow is the first day of school. This, of course, is relative. Due to sorting, the will be no classes tomorrow. Upper class students will have the chance to relax tomorrow, except those chosen by your heads of house to assist during the testing period for first years. First years will report to the gymnasium at 9 A.M. for a written exam where you will receive your first Pokemon. You will receive further instructions tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good night.

--

Miyoko sighed as the announcements finished. She was chose to help her head of house in the testing process for her house. She didn't mind doing it, it was just rather the fact that she was told today. Her head of house pulled her aside and just sprung that information on her. It was random and she really didn't appreciate it. She did, however, like the fact she got her second Pokemon the same day.

Patting the Deerling on her soft head, she watched her Rufflet and Deerling play with another. Laughing slightly when her Rufflet landed on the Deerling's head, she scrolled through her phone. I wonder when the others get back. I haven't seen anyone I know yet. Most of the people back are either first years or upper clansmen I don't know.

"Don't hurt Reily, Morgan. Miyoko muttered, warning her bird Pokemon not to be too rough on the deer.

(If you are not a first year, until you are sorted into a house, you have to wear a school uniform. It looks like this It can be modified of course but that is the basic design. You have option between those two designs. Depending on your house, you have a small emblem of your mascot Pokemon where ever you choose. )
    Last edited by Ferrospike; 02-10-2017 at 04:22 PM.

"Because I fell in love with the girl at the rock show
    She said "what?" and I told her that I didn't know
    She's so cool, gonna sneak in through her window
    Everything's better when she's around"
    Spoiler!

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    First Character:
    Spoiler!

Personality thing:
    Spoiler!

Second Character:
    Spoiler!

Personality thing:
    Spoiler!

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    tell me, why can't we just try on a hat and call it a day?

Lucca had mixed feelings about the test. On the one hand, it didn't really matter what she ended up being Sorted into, though it sounded like Relic Castle was the House for people who were serious about learning. She'd much rather spend her time among people like that than among, say, Dragonspiral Tower, whose members had a reputation for valuing brawn over brains. Ultimately which dormitory you spent your free time in didn't seem to have an impact on what classes you took, however, and intuition told her that she'd be fine as long as she kept her nose out of trouble and mind on her schoolwork.

She didn't really want to admit it to herself, but she was a bit more anxious about this particular test than any she had ever taken in her life. This test was unlikely to be about things like fractions and volcanoes and prepositions that she had been used to studying for the first twelve years of her life. This world was all about creatures known as Pokémon, and Unity Academy was dedicated almost solely to furthering peoples' understanding of them; how the engineering wonders such as the Skyarrow Bridge had been built without the help of traditional schooling was anyone's guess. To compensate, she'd spent almost the entire summer reading up on the creatures, familiarizing herself with concepts such as "natures" and "Abilities." Today was the day to put all of that to practice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    "Back here again, huh?" Johan said and sighed. It wasn't that his summer had been that great, he'd gotten arrested for several minor felonies (such as stealing apples) and been assigned a parole officer for the rest of the summer. Apparently they didn't think he'd go stealing while at the academy, and they weren't wrong. The apples here were delicious. Plus there was the matter of expulsion if he did. It didn't seem like an appealing option, as annoyed as he was at returning.
    He looked at the Zorua he'd been provided with, subduing the annoyance of being provided with another Dark type. Were the academy staff trying to tell him something?
    "So, what's your name?" he asked, not expecting an actual answer.
    "Zorua!" replied the Zorua.
    "Really? I never would have guessed."
    "Zo!"
    "Alright," said Johan and stretched, "I'm gonna go find something interesting. You do what you want."

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    (Posting on my phone hurts my soul, but meh. Also I was super lazy with this post because I've been in a state of constant exhaustion these past few days. Send help.)
    “You can't seriously name that thing after me.”
    Chiara pouted as she held her Cubchoo and looked at her brother. Between him and Rhiannon, he was definitely the more boring one of her siblings.

“But he technically doesn't have the same name as you. He’s Toby. You’re Tobias. It’s completely different.”

“But you always call me Toby, Chi. It’s going to get stupidly confusing.”

“Rhia wouldn't complain. She would want to have a Pokemon named after her.”

“Because she's obsessed with herself,” Tobias muttered, rolling his eyes. “I’m going to look for my friends. You need to think of something else to name that thing.”

“Bye, Toby! Er, Tobias!” Chiara waved to her brother with her free hand and looked down at her Cubchoo, who was dripping snot all over her sleeve.

“...I'll call you Toby the Second. Twoby for short. Let’s go look for someone to talk to. Maybe we’ll even find Rhia somewhere.”

I'm cool like the rain and hot like the sun, I'm a neon rainbow and you're no fun~

Spoiler!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    (Wanted give everyone a chance to intro post but guess not. NEXT DAY)

"ALL FIRST YEAR STUDENTS HEAD TO YOUR ASSIGNED TESTING ROOMS! ALL STUDENTS WHO ARE HELPING WITH EXAMINATION PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR ASSIGNED ROOM!"

The voice of the principal rang through the school, a sigh coming from a student here and there. One of these was Miyoko, sitting in the comfortable chair she was given. She was in charge of doing the individual interviews for each first year. The process was long but that's what her head of house like. She wondered when the first people would come. People usually showed up to Abundant Shrine last because it was a default for most people. She didn't complain, however, it meant she could play with her Pokemon in the classroom she was assigned in.

Watching her Deerling run under each desk, Miyoko patted her Rufflet that was roosting on her head.

(First years: You need to go to all houses even though you picked one already. Just to create rp stuff. Upper classmen characters are welcome to do stuff for their related house.)

Spoiler!

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Oline had her first meal of her school year. In her first year, sho loved eating at school. Before she started school at Unity, she rarely had the opportunity to eat real food. So, when she got to Unity, it was like a luxury for her to have authentically cooked meals daily. Over three years, however, the experience became routine, and less enjoyable alone.

"Ferr?"
    Thyrnir (Ferroseed) noticed Oline's decreasing enjoyment in eating over the three years, which made ham concerned that Oline was still happy.

"It's fine, Thyrni~" Oline reassured.
    After her meal, Oline went to the Undella Bay house to prepare to conduct sorting interviews

Olaf had been at school for a few days. He enjoyed waking up and not having to worry first thing in the morning about how to meet a daily candle sales quota. It was one thing for him to grow stronger through selling candles around a forest. It was another thing for him to finally attend school to grow stronger.

Oh, I have to do exams for all the houses. I'll start with the two least important ones. That means visiting Abundant Shrine, then Undella Bay.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    It turned out that spending the summer reading every book that had ever been written about Pokémon paid off, because Lucca found the test to be easy to the point of boring. She milled through page after page of questions regarding magical plants and animals and turned in the test with almost a half hour to go.

The hallway outside the testing room were deserted; nobody else had finished yet. The second part of the morning's instructions had been to see an older student in charge of interviewing you for your desired House, so Lucca shuffled down the corridor until she found the room labeled DESERT RESORT. She knocked on the door frame, waiting for a response.

in case you're wondering i'm just making stuff up off the top of my head here, since i have no idea what the test is actually supposed to be like
    Last edited by Dragonite; 02-13-2017 at 03:27 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    [Test Formats]
    Abundant Shrine: Interview
    Desert Resort: Knowledge Test on Unova
    Dragonspiral Tower: Battle with rental Pokemon
    Undella Bay: Knowledge Test on Unova and Interview
    Reversal Mountain: Battle with rental Pokemon

Miyoko waved one of the candidates goodbye, writing a few notes down. Selecting a score of 8, she wondered if the girl who just interviewed with her would actually select the house. It usually came down to that. Very rarely do kids make Abundant Shrine their top choice. From her class, only two had Abundant Shrine as their top choice. Miyoko didn't even select it as her top choice. It was her second behind Desert Resort. It was odd but was happy with the Pokemon she received so she did not complain like others.

Spoiler!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    (Hey, how does the Unity Cup work?)

Watching the first years rushing around and eating an apple, Johan once again reminisced about his first day. He had no idea how he actually got Desert Resort as his house, but it probably had something to do with getting bored after the first test and rushing the rest of the interviews. That tended to happen when you didn't give a Rattata's behind about the results. Overall he was happy about ending up there, as what was expected of him wasn't anything he couldn't handle.

Then the house of cards collapsed. This might look like a metaphor but there was an actual house of cards that literally collapsed. Johan sighed and began picking the cards back up. He should probably return these to the club before people started attending activities. Not that anyone would know they were missing but it would probably be better to not keep them in his room.

He took another bite from his apple and then left to return them.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast