Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem Heroes

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671

Fire Emblem Heroes

So how is this game? It looks amazing, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. Is it as P2W as people say it is?

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Pretty much, it's about as much as you'd expect these days for a free mobile game.
    WELL actually if you're considerate about how you spend orbs you probably won't have to worry about the cooldown timer.
    The game itself is either steamroll or be steamrolled. It's sort of fun to a point, just because it still has a little bit of the same charm to it, but the maps and the AI leave plenty to be desired.

Also apparently the unit rolling system is rigged in favor of 3DS FE characters. :^(

the person who wrote post below me does not expect as much from a mobile game
    Last edited by Bricktoad; 02-05-2017 at 12:56 AM.
    follow my epic twitter account @chairycoke

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    It's pretty fun. it's not a super intense experience of course, just typical mobage gacha fair with a fairly simple battle system. It is a lot of fun though and you definitely don't need to spend money to get through it.
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FE Heroes doesn't give off very P2W vibes, though my viewpoint might be skewed because I play a lot of Fate/Grand Order. In my opinion, the gacha is very generous and though the gameplay is simple, it's been very fun and I've found myself wanting to see the stamina meter fill up.

Only problem with the game? Unit tiering on some Japanese website that I can't remember, but I already hate because it's tiering and I'm more of a waifu oriented person.
    Last edited by Shaymin; 02-05-2017 at 08:57 PM.

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    I enjoy Fire Emblem Heroes - it has some flaws as a mobage from the start, like feathers seemingly too difficult to get and a few other things, but I'm enjoying it. Since you can delete your account and reroll for a 5 star pretty easily, you can basically start with whoever you want, which is nice. I got the best swordsman (trait-wise, not character-wise) in the game for now, so I'm really enjoying it. I also haven't been exposed to much Fire Emblem before, so this is a neat way for me to get into the characters without paying money (since I'm stingy and never spend money on freemium games.

Also, I've played mobage for years, so this one has both improvements and new problems from the normal formula, I've noticed. Still a fan though (less than a week in, for what that's worth).

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As someone who has never played a Fire Emblem game in his life, I'll say that the gameplay is deceptively simple. It's very easy to pick up, but I also find myself getting my butt kicked by NPCs that are only like one level higher than my team. It could be me doing something wrong (I'm not particularly good at strategy games, apparently), but I find that, during the later levels of the campaign at least, characters that are about the same level tend to do more damage when they're NPCs than when they're part of your team. I'm not sure if this is something that's brought over from the main game, but it seems as though it's some kind of rubberbanding to keep player grinding and paying money for more orbs/feathers/stamina to obtain stronger characters. In terms of microtransactions, it seems rather fair-orbs can be obtained through playing through the campaign (one per each level's first completion) or through special levels, and other items seem to be given away as gifts for events or whatever, so you don't really need to dish out money. Of course, I haven't gotten to the point where I need to use the feathers, so maybe my thoughts on the microtransactions will change when I get there.

One of my biggest complaints for the foreseeable future is the lack of "content". Of course, with the arena, special event stages, and training grounds, there's already more content than Pokemon Go, but according to the "quest" list, the campaign only goes up to chapter 9 (maybe chapter 10 as a boss fight). I'm currently at chapter 7 (after about 12 hours of playing, no less), and it seems as though there's a few unlockable stages once you complete chapter 9, but I don't see how people would have a reason to play this game after they beat the campaign, since the special event stages and training grounds seem to be used mostly for obtaining stronger characters to beat the campaign with? Maybe they'll do what they're doing with Pokemon Shuffle and update the game with more chapters as time goes on, but until we get solid confirmation about this, I have my doubts as to whether or not this game will go the way of Pokemon Go in the near future once the hype dies down.

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's pretty easy, since the game defaults to normal difficulty, and you can only play chapters on hard/lunatic after clearing them on normal first, and there's no permadeath.

It's really enjoyable for a free mobile game.

Pretty Good DonatorModeratorBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2879-0451-7117
    will suck **** for hector summon

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    I've had more fun with this app than I did with Fates. It's simple yet addicting and a lot of fun when you summon to see who you can get. I've gotten pretty lucky with my rolls, although I see people with 5 Hectors and Takumis and I kind of just sit back and cry in the corner.

It needs Ike though. He won the ballot. WHERE IS HE?!

Halftime ModeratorSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    extremely p2w
    OLD ENGLISH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast