1 33.33%
  • Philosophy

2 66.67%

Thread: Science Vs. Philosophy

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Science Vs. Philosophy

Throughout human history, humans have been able to discover and create enigmatic machinations that would have irrefutably stooped our ancestors. We can thank two fields of thought for the advancement and understanding of nature, mankind, and society as a whole: science and philosophy.

Philosophy is the precursor to many laws of science and is ultimately the deductive study of what is beyond science. Historically, philosophers used reason to argue for what is, but much more for what may be. Without philosophy, we cannot possibly advance the understanding of nature, mankind, and society because of its very nature of asking questions.

Science is the ultimate realization of what is. Without science (and its partner, mathematics) we would be without answers to what can be done and how to achieve it. Science aids philosophy, in that it can provide a new foundation for understanding new concepts brought to us by philosophy, continuing the cycle of discovery.

So, I ask, which do you prefer? How would you contribute to the advancement of understanding and the world? In what ways do you like to think?

Personally, I prefer philosophy, because I am quite thoughtful of what can be, and I love to use deductive reasoning to find discrepancies and point everyone in a new direction. I like how philosophy is geared at understanding what empirical data cannot: the metaphysical nature and ethics of the individual's mind...
    Last edited by Roxas; 02-26-2017 at 01:09 AM.
    It takes a Teen Age Riot to get me out of bed right now.