Thread: US Attacks Syria

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

US Attacks Syria

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...emical-weapons
    http://www.vox.com/world/2017/4/6/15...cruise-missile

Activity.

So what do you think this means for the near future? Some say that it's the beginning of WWIII, but is it just hyperbole?

Go.

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Should've investigated the incident more thoroughly. This was a rushed and bull-headed attack that will come with mass repercussions. Syria wasn't our fight to begin with.
    It takes a Teen Age Riot to get me out of bed right now.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am fairly assured this was not a well thought out move based on reliable intelligence as the precursor to an entire operation with a clearly thought out end goal (preferably the removal of not just ISIS, but also Assad, they’re all vile scum whom must be wiped off the Face of Earth, preferably after a trial to show the world their evil, but I’ll take massive explosion or gun shot if nothing else works).

The problem is that Trump is such a short term thinker and more like a petulant child rather than a competent leader, so I doubt he is thinking beyond making himself look strong, hence why we’re sending over 50 missiles to a single airbase, which 1) seems overkill for a single target, and 2) does not have seem to have the value of attacking Assad personally or his weapons depot. Now I make those two comments are based on the presumption that there is nothing special about this target, though it may very well be an important target, which we naturally would have know way of knowing, if that were the case, as such information would be classified.

Moreover, this is useless if not followed up by the kind of long term nation building neglected by Bush and Obama and in which Trump has said he will not engage, thus this will be more creation of all the problems of Iraq and Afghanistan all over again with Iraq and Afghanistan still being problems, thus compounding conflict.

So unless they’re all deep thinkers and have been hiding it from us (yeah right), this is not an intelligent response but the acts of a weak pathetic person trying to show that he’s not the pathetic loser he is by lashing out without thinking. I sadly have no faith this is the start of the end of ISIS and Assad, but rather the catalyst to a clusterfuck of epic proportions.
    Last edited by Sylveon; 04-08-2017 at 01:06 AM.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    I wouldn't say this is the beginning of World War III, but to all of my fellow draft-eligible people . . . have fun reading the news for the next decade or so.

Edit: Also this is who you voted for, are you satisfied yet?

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It'd be great if this person was our president
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/375609403376144384
    Last edited by Blue; 04-08-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    we just wasted like 100 million dollars
    we set an example for syria after they told their people "nobody cares about you guys"
    united states cannot afford to get nuked (nobody can) and we may have dug a pretty deep hole. however, this probably isn't the end of the world. just expect your gas prices to shoot up. and go to college so they can't draft you as easily
    Last edited by Bricktoad; 04-08-2017 at 02:31 AM.
    follow my epic twitter account @chairycoke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
    I wouldn't say this is the beginning of World War III, but to all of my fellow draft-eligible people . . . have fun reading the news for the next decade or so.

Edit: Also this is who you voted for, are you satisfied yet?
    No one wins in a 2 party system. We would've been stuck with the same person regardless of the outcome. Not that I'm saying more parties necessarily helps, but we need at least 4 candidates to start making any real choices.

Unless they're all corporatist neocons like Trump and Clinton. At that point, we follow John Locke's advice about abolishing the current government and replacing it with a new one (preferably a night-watchman state).

It's time people ditched the social contract, btw.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    In what universe is either Clinton or Trump a neoconservative?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylveon View Post
    In what universe is either Clinton or Trump a neoconservative?
    Right....they don't deserve the "conservative" part...

Let's stick with corporatist war mongers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There we go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast