First of all, this wasn't caused by Aaron's thread. These are thoughts I've had for a long time but haven't really had a reason to post here until today. However, if our threads were to cause some kind of trend that could be cool.

Also I'm just typing this up quickly. I'm not the best at wording my feelings so I apologise if it's kind of messy. I hope it's enough to convey my thoughts properly.

Anyway, to start. I came to check if anything had happened on Pokécheats as I do and saw some messages in the chatbox.

Spoiler!

So, back when this community was active in 2012-2013/2014, the overall attitude was pretty toxic and hostile. I fee a lot of that was my fault, given that I was a more senior member than most of the newer Eyan fans and also older than a lot of people. Up until some time in 2014 I was quite stupid/arrogant/edgy/confrontational. This happened in 2009 (everyone being a grammarfuck, my being horrible to Sunny, etc.), in 2010 (my whole time as a mod was really bad), in 2011 (not as bad but we were really edgy and annoying and probably could have dealt with 2011 Roxas' shenanigans better) and 2012 onwards (everything that happened here pretty much - this was the worst). I feel that given a few years had passed, I became more comfortable in how I acted and didn't really consider how it was wrong despite being told so several times. Unfortunately, the overall attitude of the forum was really bad. The moderators didn't really deal with these problems, and sometimes even contributed to them (especially with how they treated Bree). It was a sort of echo chamber of being aggressive to people for no reason and not considering other people's feelings. I was especially horrible to people like Skitty and Lyra, but in some way I treated pretty much everyone poorly.

Some time in 2014 I started to change and I feel I've grown a lot in the past few years. I want to apologise to everybody. I've been doing my best to treat people well and I feel my relations with most people from here are pretty good and I'm constantly trying to become a better person.

I also want to say that, while this site is pretty much dead, it seems that people still treat each other with baseless hostility. What Sylveon did there is never acceptable. There's no reason to address somebody like that, especially when you don't know what's going on in there life. Try to have some more empathy. Consider how the person you're talking to feels and what they could be going through. While this is a once off but I've seen things from some people. Even though a lot of us have grown up, we can still learn and treat people better. Don't let things be like 2012-2014 SS and don't try to excuse offensive jokes or abrasive behaviour.

And once again, I'm sorry about everything terrible I said and did and how it affected/influenced others. While the internet overall was different back then, there was still no excuse for the arrogance and hostility, the hell I caused in the thread about Eyan's dog dying, telling people to kill themselves (this is an awful thing to do, please don't do it), how argumentative I was and everything else that happened.

I hope everybody's doing well and that your lives are going well. Even though it's been a couple of years now, we're still hopefully all SS friends. Thank you for putting up with me and helping me grow as a person. Despite all of the negatives, it's been a lot of fun and I really appreciate everything that we did and everyone I met.