Thread: Opinions on Sun/Moon

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938

Opinions on Sun/Moon

I know Dragonite already made this post in the News thread for Sun and Moon but I thought I would make a thread out of it so that a) it would be in the right place and b) people would know where to go to talk about the game.

Now that Sun and Moon has been out for a few months and most people have had a chance to properly digest the game in its entirety, what are you thoughts? Did you enjoy the game as a whole, or did you feel it left something to be desired? What parts did you enjoy, and what bits weren't so fun for you?

Overall, I found the game to be just fine. I wouldn't say I loved it, but at the same time I didn't hate it either; like I said, it was just fine. There were obviously a lot of bits I loved, the graphics were gorgeous (the best the series has seen, I feel), the soundtrack to the game was one of the best, in my opinion, and the new selection of Pokemon was absolutely brilliant.

On the other hand, I found the characters to be quite forgettable. I found the most popular of the bunch, Lillie, to be one of the worst, since she was honestly nothing but a nuisance throughout the game, and her character development wasn't satisfying enough for me. I also strongly disliked Hau, like most other people, since he's honestly one of the worst rivals in the series. However, I quite a couple of characters, most specifically Daddy Kukui and YA BOI GUZMA! Also, overall I just found the game to be underwhelmingly easy. None of the Totems were really that difficult, other than perhaps Mimikyu who was a little bit problematic.

I feel like I've just written a review for the game hehe but those are just my thoughts. I'd really like to hear all of yours~

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed my first run (Moon). It took me a week and a day to beat. I'm trying to complete my Pokedex. I really did enjoy this gen though, as I do with Pokemon games. Although my run in Sun is taking ages and that's because I feel kinda lazy and don't feel like playing.

The characters were okay. I liked them, I felt a bit of a small connection for some reason. (Eve though Lillie needed saving every FIVE MINUTES)

I absolutely loved the atmosphere, the games graphics were lovely, and I felt like I was on an adventure for the first time in a while.

tl;dr - I really enjoyed this game.