View Poll Results: yo guys read the topic

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like Nuzlockes and I like documenting my runs!

4 40.00%
  • I like Nuzlockes, but I don't document my runs.

2 20.00%
  • I dislike Nuzlockes

1 10.00%
  • I am interested in doing a Nuzlocke, and would like to document my run!

3 30.00%
  • I am interested in doing a Nuzlocke but would rather not document my run.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you guys enjoy Nuzlockes/Would like to do one?

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

How many of you guys enjoy Nuzlockes/Would like to do one?

I wanna do something Nuzlocke related, and I wanna see how many people might participate.

I know a bunch of you Eyan-kiddies loved to do Nuzlockes, and not that many of you PokeCheaters did a run on the old PokeCheats. So, now that we have a mix, how many of you guys in general like Nuzlockes? How many of you have never done a Nuzlocke?

(Also, what games do you guys usually Nuzlocke? Which ones would you like to do but never have done it before?)

Nuzlocke rules are basically:

1. Catch the first Pokemon you see in the area, if you fail, no catch for that area.
    -Shinies are disclosed from this rule and any others., UNLESS, you decide to use them in battle.

2. If a Pokemon faints in/out of battle, it is dead. No exceptions.
    3. Nickname everything!

-Not a rule, but it's fun!

4.Challenge starts when you get Pokeballs!

5. be afraid Have fun!
    Last edited by Starry; 08-06-2015 at 05:14 AM.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Bruh you know I'd do it.

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've never done one, but I'd like to. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get any emulators running without lag, and I'm not willing to restart on any of my physical copies.
    MP3 - Night Sky Patrol of Tomorrow [IA]

Spoiler!

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Nid and nid. I like to actually grow to like my Pokémon, and not be forced to ditch them every time the AI scores a rubberbanded critical hit. Plus nuzlockes encourage grinding, and level grinding - especially in turn-based games - is the bane of my existence.

"But Dragonite, you have to NAME your Pokémon!!! That MAKES you form closer bonds with your Pokémon!"

No, it doesn't. "Oh look, I caught an Oddish, one of the last things I'd ever use ever." *names it whatever the next element in the Periodic table is, and watches it get one-shotted by the first thing it faces* "Uh, be seeing you, Manganese. Was nice 'knowing' you. NEXT!"

I did a Platinum nuzlocke once, it ended after the first Gym and my only regret is that it did not end sooner.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The point of a Nuzlocke is more of a way to spice the games we've played a bunch of times in a different way. Yeah, you'll have Pokemon you don't like, but eventually, when you get to like Gym 5 after surviving all that time, you can remember all those times that the Oddish managed to get out of rough situations, or killed a Pokemon, or whatever. And maybe you'll even use an Oddish more next time you play the games. It doesn't really encourage grinding as much as possible, since that means a bigger chance of your Pokemon dying.

But I get that it's not for everyone, critical hits suck, but ehh, some people like either the challenge or whatever.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Dragonite you're so wrong about the grinding. Almost every death I have in a nuzlocke is cuz grinding.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^Well that's cause you suck at nuzlockes in general : )

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    And that's when you put the Pokémon down for a day or two and look out the window at some other game genres!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    i'm playing a game where one of the ways you can get out of battles is by discussing manliness. i'm far enough from pokemon as it is.

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Ew. Me? Nuzlockes? Get that **** out of my face.

:^)

Honestly, I don't believe in the idea of "forming bonds with your Pokémon through nicknaming". I only nickname them because I'm so immature, I like seeing the dialogue box say "Go! Wet ****!" or something similar. Well, at least we ended up making a few memes through the nicknames *cough* MERMAIDMAN AND BUZZSAW *cough*.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast