Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am back. AMA.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    I maintain my stance that they knew/know how, they just elected not to because they could sell more units by printing posters with Mega Zard Y

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachgoose View Post
    Gen 6 just ruined everything because the addition of megas make it where the standard is having a 150 atk/sp.atk and 130+ spd, which 99% of Pokemon just can't compete with. Thus OU became a cesspool of legendary Pokemon, megas, and only a handful of normal mons that are good at countering said legendaries and megas.
    Honestly, some mega Pokemon, such as Metagross, are AWESOME - if anything, he is a defense line for all the stupid overpowered fairies and dragons GameFreak released in Gen 6: Gardevoir, Altaria, Diancie, Lati@s and even Zard (110 > 100 speed) and he was also able to stop Tapu spam in Gen 7 (I'm more content with that than megas).

Then GF decides to remove the speed limit with mega pokemon and MMeta is gone. He was easily the best designed mega evo.

The rest of them are defined by Mega Ray, Mega Mence, Mega Zard X & Y, all fairy-type mega evos, all these ultra-fast Gangnam Style mega-evos (Lopunny, Beedrill and Alakazam especially - but Sceptile I like, maybe Aero too), Mewtwo, Venusaur, Blaziken (lol), Garchomp which are just plain jokes.

The ban of Aegislash also contributed significantly to the mega evolution crapfest.

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
    I maintain my stance that they knew/know how, they just elected not to because they could sell more units by printing posters with Mega Zard Y
    Yeah. They care about their $$$. Competitive battling is nothing more than a small community within Pokemon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12