Thread: [Pokemon] Laughter (E, Oneshot, mention of parental abuse)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[Pokemon] Laughter (E, Oneshot, mention of parental abuse)

Ever notice how Cyrus has wrinkles on both sides of his face?

Or how he never really moves his mouth?

Or what his grandfather said about 'being too late to help him'?

LAUGHTER
    A fanfic by The_Noob

Route 228. April 30th, 1989.
    --------------------------------

Cyrus Akagi, 8-years-old, stepped off his mother's Honchkrow, with a bland look on his face and an even blander white polo shirt and pair of khaki shorts adorning his body.

His parents liked him to be as proper as possible, and even made him comb his light blue hair into neat little spikes, like his father. They expected nothing but the best from him in every aspect.

If not, there would be severe consequences. Thinking about this, the little boy instinctively touched his cheek.

"Gul," The little boy commanded, unfaltering, with a sweeping hand gesture. Honchkrow nodded knowingly, tipped his 'hat' and flew off. The bird wanted nothing to do with the light rain of ash that flooded the area.

Cyrus repeated the motion to make sure he did it just as his mother would. What would she say if she found out he got it wrong? He gritted his teeth at the thought of their dissapointment, their shame, their anger. All those little chemical reactions that ruined lives.

He wished he could simply get rid of them.

With a tap on the shoulder, he jumped, spinning in the air, and landed on his butt, getting the back end of his khakis turned dark grey.

"Hey kid, don't zone out like that! Wouldn't wanna get your toosh colored charcoal again, would ya?" Cyrus recognized his grandfather's voice, aged and rough, yet full of silliness. He couldn't see the old man clearly, his eyes were full of surprised tears. Cyrus mentally slapped himself for his knee-jerk reactions.

"No, I wouldn't." The child murmured, with the proper Johtonan infliction his parents spoke with.

"Come on, kid, you don't have to use that fake accent like my tight-*** daughter," Cyrus' grandfather said as he extended a hand and helped him up, "Since you're here, we're going to have fun. But first, why don't you and I have something to eat! You look hungry enough after flying a day!"

Cyrus shook his head, "Mother and Father said that I am not to eat much. My grades have slipped from a 100-point-average to a 96-point-average."

"What's a sandwich going to do to your grades?" The old man jested. He stopped taking his daughter seriously a long time ago.

Cyrus smiled and snickered at this, like any child should.

And then came the ripping of stitches as the hidden scars on his cheeks opened up, and he started crying.

He thought himself so stupid to feel. He had never even told his closest friends, Volkner and Flint, about the scars; he pretended to have no sense of humor, just to let the scars heal. He touched the exposed bones of his mouth, and more of those silly tears flooded from his eyes and onto the ashen ground.

The old man rushed over to his grandson and embraced him.

"Who did this to you?" He asked angrily.

"Momma and Papa," The little boy sobbed. He felt so weak, the way he acted, his parents would have disowned him for something like this, "They had too much to drink one night and caught me laughing at how they were acting. And they, they told me this," He leaned into his grandfather's ear, letting his left cheek bleed onto it a little, "'You can never laugh again.' So I gave up *sniffle* feeling."

THE END

If a Glasgow Smile turned The Joker into a villain, it would probably work for Cyrus. After all, his attempts to avoid smiling and laughing would make him very asocial, as his former teacher described him to be.

Although, I forgot to mention how much he loves machines.

Personally, I think I exaggerated how badly Cyrus' parents treated him.

I hoped you enjoyed my crappy little oneshot!

Noob out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That... Was... So... Sad... Sniff ='( Poor Cyrus, only eight, and he can't laugh again...

Te amo - iam et pro semper...
    Credits to Skiyomi over in Serebii. Pokéshipping FTW!
    Credits to PixAlchemist (that's her name, right?) for the cute lil' avvie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for the review, FM!

Making traumatizing stories is my pleasure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Review:
    Story:4/5
    The story was witty and heartwarming at the same time. Though the character development was a bit lacking I would have liked to hear more about Cyrus's family.

Creativity:5/5
    Not many people would think about writing fanfic for Cyrus. Let alone his child life.

Grammer and Spelling:5/5
    I see nothing that screams "Unprofessional"

Overall: 4.5/5
    This was quite a read I am hoping for a sequel real soon.

"Being skilled isn't all that's it's made out to be. When you're strong, you become arrogant and withdrawn. Even if what you sought after was your dream."-Itachi Uchiha

good job sir would read again 0/0

OMGUSH I WUV CYWUS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have.

It's just that this fic was overrated, and everyone focuses on it.

I feel like writing a 'Gengar kills someone' fic, but it wouldn't be as fun as writing a 'KAWAII UGUU~ DESU ABUSE' fic, and weeding out the fangirls.