Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Distribution on the GTS!

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A-Bomb09:
    It does not matter what type of internet connection that you are using. As long as the DNS is properly set for the connection that your DS uses to access the internet, then you should be able to access my GTS. Are you completely sure that you are only using 1 connection out of the 6 possible slots? Can you double check to make sure that the DNS setting is correct?
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, so I checked the 3DS wifi settings, no connections there. Went to the Nintendo DS wifi settings, erased everything, and restarted my 3DS. I came back to the DS settings, picked the network my laptop is on, and changed both the primary and secondary DNS to 96.26.172.219 . Went to the GTS, connected to Nintendo WFC. Took me into the GTS, and didn't get any pokemon, so I assume I was in the Nintendo GTS again. This may be a dumb question, but I don't have to leave a pokemon to get the one from the website do i ( I assumed I didn't have too). I have no idea what I am doing wrong :$. Thanks for all the help so far though Kyohack

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A-Bomb09:
    Are you selecting the GTS option? GTS Negotiations is incorrect.
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sure am. Click Global trade, then GTS, then trade, then saves. Then it asks to start Nintendo WFC, then it warps me in, and checks the GTS status, and then I am looking at the global trade system menu, where I can deposit, seek or quit. Sometimes it takes longer to check the GTS status, but nothing other than that has been different, any other ideas? maybe I just can't on my 3DS?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have had success on my own 3DS. I know that if your DNS settings are incorrect, then you won't be able to access my server. I don't have any other ideas. It has to be the DNS....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, well thank you for trying. I'll keep messing around with my connection settings, and maybe try out some random free wifi at starbucks or mcdonalds or something, maybe that will help! I'll let you know if I get it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A-Bomb09:
    Ok. Keep in mind, that my GTS tracks requests by your IP address. So, every time you use a different internet connection, then you will have to reselect your Pokemon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I'm having some trouble connecting to your DNS. I followed the steps and changed both Prim and Secondary to your DNS as well as cleared my settings and tried again when it did not work. I've noticed some odd things which could be causing the problem but I have no idea how to address them

I'm using a DSi XL and everytime I tried "testing your connection" it always fails even with my vanilla settings and I can still access the Nitendo WFC even when this "fails". I'm also using a wireless router which may be the cause of it but I doubt it. I've add my DS MAC address to my router as well again so I'm not sure what's left. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Oh and awesome program man :)

Edit: Ok, I tried the whole process again on my old DS Lite which is identical to your example. (In game WFC menu and all) and I'm still connecting to the Nitendo WFC.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    h0tmail:
    The very first thing you need to do, is select a Pokemon from the event db, (or create one in the Online Pokesav) on the PokeStation Database site. If you are using a gen 5 game, then click "Send to gen5 GTS" in the event db. If you use a gen 4 game, then click "Send to gen4 GTS" in the event db. After you have selected or created a Pokemon, then try to visit the GTS in your game.

Let me know if you continue to have problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still no joy. I think the problem is I'm still connecting to the Nintendo WFC GTS as opposed to your GTS despite having done the changes you specified.

Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast