Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to set up a fake GTS server.

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

How to set up a fake GTS server.

There are many different programs that you can use to create your own fake GTS server. Below, I will discuss the two most popular programs, and the advantages and disadvantages of each:

ShinyDTS:
    ShinyDTS is the only method that allows you to distribute Pokemon to the 4th and 5th generations at the same time. In the drop down list, you can select folder or individual .PKM file distribution. Then, you can select the .PKM file (if you chose individual distribution mode), or the folder of .PKM files (if you chose folder distribution mode). Once you have configured everything, click "Start DNS", and then click "Start GTS". ShinyDTS is only compatible with Windows, and may require the Microsoft .NET Framework in order to run.
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler!

PSN PokeApp
    "Right now there are two separate GTSes in the app, one for sending/receiving genIV pokemon from/to genIV games. And one for sending genIV and GenV pokemons to GenV games."
    IR-GTS:
    IR-GTS is a python program that operates similar to ShinyDTS, since both programs have "folder" and "individual" .PKM distribution modes. IR-GTS has a program for Gen4 games, and a program for Gen5 games. It is NOT possible to run both programs at the same time (they will interfere with eachother), so please do not try. If you wish to distribute to both generations at the same time, then please use ShinyDTS. You will need Python 2.7 in order to use IR-GTS. Since the Python 2.7 framework exists for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, the IR-GTS program is compatible with all of these operating systems.

Troubleshooting:
    If your firewall or antivirus programs prompt you, make sure that you select "allow". If your firewall or antivirus programs do not prompt you, then you may have to configure their settings manually, to allow the GTS program past your firewall and antivirus. You will also have to open ports UDP 53 and TCP 80 on your computer's firewall. If you have a wireless or wired router between your computer and its connection to the internet, then make sure that your router is configured to forward all traffic on port UDP 53 and port TCP 80 to the IP address of the computer (in relation to your local home network) that is running the GTS program. To find the exact IP address of your computer (in relation to your home network), click "start", click "run", type cmd, then press enter. You will now see a black window appear. In this black window, type ipconfig, and then press enter. You should now see something like this:

You want to use the IPv4 Address, which for my computer, is 192.168.1.3. The exact IPv4 Address of your computer will be different, but the first 3 octets should be 192.168.1. If you see many different IP addresses, use the one that starts with 192.168.1. Now that you have your IP address of your computer (in relation to your local home network), you can now forward the ports on your router as I have mentioned above. If you STILL have trouble connection to your GTS, after all of this, then set the DMZ setting in your router to the IP address of the computer (in relation to your local home network) that is running the GTS program. DMZ stands for DeMilitarized Zone. Configuring the DMZ setting on your router is only necessary under some extreme cases (like if your router has some insane security), most people don't have to change this setting in order for the GTS to work.

If you have any questions, please post them below.
    Last edited by Kyohack; 02-24-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You could add my app to this post aswell, since mine's the only one that can transfer GenIV pokemons to GenV as far as I know. And it's pretty straight forward as well so it's probably the easiest to use for people who just want to send a couple of pokemons to their carts.

Just a suggestion though, it's your post ^^
    But I think it's a great idea that you made this, some people seem to have a lot of trouble getting GTS servers to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Kyohack
    Wait..So the IPv4 address? You input that into your DS for the DNS Primary number?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes. If you only want to distribute Pokemon to yourself, then you should use the IPv4 address. That address should always start with 192.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where can i find .pkm files

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here are some .PKM files:

http://pokecheats.net/db/pkm_database.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey i used a few of those files and the program says the file name has to end in .pkm or .3gpkm and it doesnt send it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You have to un-zip those files to get the .PKM files out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i had unzip them but it still didnt work but i tried giving the program the name of the file differently and it worked thanks anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    is there any gen3,4 or 5 files
    Mike.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast