Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Same-*** Marriage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Noob View Post
    I don't care, it's not me, so I'll let them do whatever the hell they feel like.
    I agree, I don't see why everyone is so judgmental. It's not like it's your life, let someone else live their life how the want and you worry about your own.

But I do disagree with one thing, being homosexual is indeed a choice. You choose to be homosexual, just like others choose to be heterosexual.

Don't forget to check out my LPs!
    >> http://www.youtube.com/user/Mindblown94?feature=mhee <<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    What I mean by deliberate is that you are getting married, knowing full-well that you it isn't possible to have children, but you do it anyway. That's what I mean. Someone who is infertile can't have kids no matter what, but gay people actually can. Don't take this to mean that gay people are in the wrong, that they "chose wrong" or anything like that. I'm just saying that gay people actually can have children, just like straight people, but they "choose" (and I mean this loosely) to marry someone who they can't have kids with.
    And my argument with this is, just because you get married doesn't mean you do it to have kids. My aunt and uncle have been married since I was really little, and just chose to never have children. Yes they are able to, they just both agreed that that didn't want to become parents. Both of them are Catholic to, since my mom's side of the family is religious but not really my dad's. Also know that I'm not trying to pick apart your beliefs Dux, and I'm sorry if I offend you, I'm just trying to bring in my own points X3

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mindblown94 View Post
    I agree, I don't see why everyone is so judgmental. It's not like it's your life, let someone else live their life how the want and you worry about your own.

But I do disagree with one thing, being homosexual is indeed a choice. You choose to be homosexual, just like others choose to be heterosexual.
    Erm, not it's not. Saying that is like saying as of right now I choose to be homosexual...but I can't because I don't like other women that way. I can't FORCE myself to be homosexual, and I don't see why anyone else would want to forcefully. Being gay is just having a certain mindset, that they prefer those of the same *** over those of the opposite.
    deviantART • Youtube • Tumblr • Twitter

Credit to PixAlchemist for the sig
    White FC: 1463 5881 2099

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You're saying I chose to like men? I chose to be unaccepted in society? It's not a choice to be either heterosexual, or homosexual, or pan-sexual and all that.
    It's not even a choice to be Transexual.

It's your *** hormones telling you who you're attracted to. It's not like one day I'm like. "Oh, hey, I like men now." It's just common to be heterosexual.
    There are homosexual animals in this world. It's not choices, it's your *** hormones that tell you who you're attracted to. There are people who deny that they're not homosexual and live a heterosexual life. To the point where they break down and realize that it's not working out and they can't convert them self to be heterosexual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Blackthorn
    I know that you mean no offense. To be perfectly honest, I don't know all the fine details of how everything works in my religion; I'm still learning. So I can't say truthfully why that's allowed but why gay marriage is not allowed. If I were to guess, and I think this might be it, that I made a mistake earlier when I said what marriage's two purposes are. It's ***'s purpose, that is for the sharing of love and the creation of life. So gay people cannot have ***, because it does not create life. And since it is also wrong to have *** outside of marriage, that is why they cannot get married. For those who choose to not have kids, they should also choose to not have *** at all, because if children would not be created in the process, it would be immoral.

"But your course on Tuesday, or Air your comment here. We offer personalized jaws of life here that fear of video list. We lump to Top. But before the new more Pages and Menu Links. More e-region, or Joomla, but a comment. Alternatively visit our live at the gate. Learn more fear No polls for typography. We take you Around the forum that you drink more you. Your image, but sometimes members but, you is more. Attached a more easy to add Articles, nor more pain."
    Spoiler!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ So, you're saying that gays shouldn't be married because they can't have ***?

Oooo... kay?

Also, it's not a choice to be gay. I can say "hey, I wanna be gay now!" and try as hard as I can, but I never will be, because my mind's already centred towards liking boys and not girls. Not that I can really control that, anyway.

Te amo - iam et pro semper...
    Credits to Skiyomi over in Serebii. Pokéshipping FTW!
    Credits to PixAlchemist (that's her name, right?) for the cute lil' avvie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    You're saying I chose to like men? I chose to be unaccepted in society? It's not a choice to be either heterosexual, or homosexual, or pan-sexual and all that.
    It's not even a choice to be Transexual.

It's your *** hormones telling you who you're attracted to. It's not like one day I'm like. "Oh, hey, I like men now." It's just common to be heterosexual.
    There are homosexual animals in this world. It's not choices, it's your *** hormones that tell you who you're attracted to. There are people who deny that they're not homosexual and live a heterosexual life. To the point where they break down and realize that it's not working out and they can't convert them self to be heterosexual.
    I say you do, because it's not like you wake up as a baby coming out of your mother's womb and you're homosexual. No, as your body develops you become attracted to men/women.

And being unaccepted in society was very silly to put there and honestly made me slap my forehead. It's not like you choose to be unacceptable in society, for one if it's something you believe in, feel strong for it. Don't care what anyone else thinks about it, your opinion of yourself is over theirs. Secondly let's face it, majority of society is stupid. I stopped caring what they thought of me years ago, and you should too.

And your last two sentences don't really help your point. That would be that individual's own personal issues, they are gay and they know they are. They just don't want to admit it because of "being unaccepted in society". You said it yourself, that is why so many people are afraid to admit who they are. They want to be gay, but they are just afraid of how people would think of them if they knew their true feelings. Every heard of the phrase "cover-up"? It's not like they actually like the person they date, it's more or less to get people off their case.

Also you all are being very technical about being gay is a choice. You can't just randomly go ooh I'm gay now. For one, you aren't attracted to the same *** nor do you want to be, which is why you personally can't be gay. It's a choice you make when you want to make it, one person at my school come to mind when I think about this. He had at least 30 girlfriends in 6th grade because he was a manwhore. He was one of those people now who only date girls just to get in their pants, then they would dump them. Up in high school he finally opened up and told everyone he was gay. Of course he got made fun of though, that's just life. If you go through your life being scared of what others think of you then how can you even believe in yourself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I say you do, because it's not like you wake up as a baby coming out of your mother's womb and you're homosexual. No, as your body develops you become attracted to men/women.

And being unaccepted in society was very silly to put there and honestly made me slap my forehead. It's not like you choose to be unacceptable in society, for one if it's something you believe in, feel strong for it. Don't care what anyone else thinks about it, your opinion of yourself is over theirs. Secondly let's face it, majority of society is stupid. I stopped caring what they thought of me years ago, and you should too.

And your last two sentences don't really help your point. That would be that individual's own personal issues, they are gay and they know they are. They just don't want to admit it because of "being unaccepted in society". You said it yourself, that is why so many people are afraid to admit who they are. They want to be gay, but they are just afraid of how people would think of them if they knew their true feelings. Every heard of the phrase "cover-up"? It's not like they actually like the person they date, it's more or less to get people off their case.
    Yes, as your body develops. It's not like you choose to be gay from how your body develops.

Yes, I don't choose to be unaccepted. People choose not to accept me because their own beliefs. I don't care what people think, though it can get on my nerves when person after person says the same thing, or how parents don't accept you. Living with someone that can't accept you and makes fun of you can really get under your skin. Some people can't just not care. Some people are self conscious and all about themselves.

Yes, it is their own personal issue.
    And maybe they don't want to be gay. Some people want to let their true colours come out, while others might not want to accept themselves.

Sometimes, yes they do like the person. Not sexually, but romantically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In my mind, sexuality is fairly irrelevant. Marriage in today's society is a legal contract as much as it is a bond to show devotion and love. Therefore, in my reasoning, if you love someone, and are devoted to them, you are entitled to have the legal contract that is marriage as an option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johtochampion View Post
    In my mind, sexuality is fairly irrelevant. Marriage in today's society is a legal contract as much as it is a bond to show devotion and love. Therefore, in my reasoning, if you love someone, and are devoted to them, you are entitled to have the legal contract that is marriage as an option.
    I agree with you 100% Johto. That's kinda where I was getting at lol
    deviantART • Youtube • Tumblr • Twitter

Credit to PixAlchemist for the sig
    White FC: 1463 5881 2099

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    Yes, as your body develops. It's not like you choose to be gay from how your body develops.

Yes, I don't choose to be unaccepted. People choose not to accept me because their own beliefs. I don't care what people think, though it can get on my nerves when person after person says the same thing, or how parents don't accept you. Living with someone that can't accept you and makes fun of you can really get under your skin. Some people can't just not care. Some people are self conscious and all about themselves.

Yes, it is their own personal issue.
    And maybe they don't want to be gay. Some people want to let their true colours come out, while others might not want to accept themselves.

Sometimes, yes they do like the person. Not sexually, but romantically.
    By as your body develops, I mean when you're hitting puberty around middle school. Because if you notice, that is when people start openly admitting being gay.

And as said before, those people that don't want to accept themselves realize they like the same ***, they just don't want to admit it because of how they would be judged.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast