Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Same-*** Marriage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just to add a little factoid to my argument that sexuality is irrelevant, I would like to state that in ancient Sparta, soldiers would have wives as well as male lovers, to whom they were very close. Without the pressures of social boundaries or oppression of religion that declared it as sin, people simply loved whoever they felt like loving. In other words, labeling someone as "straight, gay, lesbian, or bisexual" is fairly pointless. Its as simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johtochampion View Post
    Just to add a little factoid to my argument that sexuality is irrelevant, I would like to state that in ancient Sparta, soldiers would have wives as well as male lovers, to whom they were very close. Without the pressures of social boundaries or oppression of religion that declared it as sin, people simply loved whoever they felt like loving. In other words, labeling someone as "straight, gay, lesbian, or bisexual" is fairly pointless. Its as simple as that.
    Technically it is a kind of discrimination to label someone as one of those.

(Member since November 14th, 2009)

Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am not gay or anything, but I do feel that same *** marriage should be legal. It's unfair to those who are in love to not be able to have a relationship declaring themselves married.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I believe it should be legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's really just about your ethical views. As a Catholic, I'm opposed to the marriage, like I've said. However, people can do what they want. I just believe it's wrong.

"But your course on Tuesday, or Air your comment here. We offer personalized jaws of life here that fear of video list. We lump to Top. But before the new more Pages and Menu Links. More e-region, or Joomla, but a comment. Alternatively visit our live at the gate. Learn more fear No polls for typography. We take you Around the forum that you drink more you. Your image, but sometimes members but, you is more. Attached a more easy to add Articles, nor more pain."
    Spoiler!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I'm also Catholic and I believe that many of the Catholic religion's teachings are outdated and are misinterpretations. In addition, the Church should be completely separate from state and federal law. In this day and age, legally, marriage is just an official piece of paper with some scribbles on it.

I personally don't find any reason to be opposed to it in any way. So I am 110% for the rights to same-*** marriage.

|Ask Me Anything!|Gym Leader - The Trial Badge|YouTube|
    ((( Pokémon Black FC: 0905 1952 6005 )))
    Non mollare mai. Finchè c'è vita c'è speranza. La vita è bella.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler!

It's not pointless. It has the same "point" as white, black, red, ect. And ignorant people still use those words.

Spoiler!

You do know that the Bible contradicts itself?...(I would go on, but this is a "gay" thread, not religiesn)

Now, onto my oppoin. Making gay marriges illegal isn't going to save any lives, so a law preventing them is like a law preventing the use of that little piece of plastic at the end of your shoe lace.

:dance2::dance2::dance2: Both By PixAlchemis. :dance2::dance2::dance2:

Im not exactly for it and im not 100% against it but i do think its wrong for two reasons

1. Well im Christian so same *** marriage is against my religion

2. The Pastor/preist who is doing the marriage is being forced to do something completely against their religion when marring the same *** together

and the number of people who are becoming gay is getting higher every day so eventually the law will be passed, in some places it has been passed
    which is sad because i don't see why a guy would be attracted to another guy or a girl being attracted to another girl. but of course a straight person like me would say that :P
    Doctor what is meaning of zis?

what is this? i dont even...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PKMNbattleSchemes View Post
    Im not exactly for it and im not 100% against it but i do think its wrong for two reasons

1. Well im Christian so same *** marriage is against my religion

2. The Pastor/preist who is doing the marriage is being forced to do something completely against their religion when marring the same *** together

and the number of people who are becoming gay is getting higher every day so eventually the law will be passed, in some places it has been passed
    which is sad because i don't see why a guy would be attracted to another guy or a girl being attracted to another girl. but of course a straight person like me would say that :P
    I wouldn't say that a pastor or priest marrying a same-*** couple is doing something "completely against their religion." After all, the Christian Bible puts an emphasis on loving one another. And if it bothers them that much, they could just refuse to perform the ceremony.

Love is what it is. Someone attracted to another of the same *** is no different that someone attracted to the opposite ***. The aspects of the physical and emotional attraction is the same in both cases. There really is no difference. People are people. I mean come on, the only major physical differences between man and woman are the *** organs.

I believe that we need to be taught the more important and core beliefs of the Bible (going along with the religion theme). Not be insanely nitpicky with these things. If we took every line the Bible has written to heart, we would have all been stoned to death by now. The values of love, hope, gratefulness, and charity among others are what we should really care about. There is no need to ostracize anyone from society because of how they look, talk, or whether or not they are attracted to males or females. We just need to love one another and try to live together harmoniously to the best of our abilities.

|Ask Me Anything!|Gym Leader - The Trial Badge|YouTube|
    ((( Pokémon Black FC: 0905 1952 6005 )))
    Non mollare mai. Finchè c'è vita c'è speranza. La vita è bella.

Im not gonna argue with you
    but there is one thing that i do not agree with in your statement
    guys and girls are not basically the same thing with different *** organs
    and while that is true there is a mental aspect thats the main difference
    girls are to complicated...
    one second they'll be happy as can be, but then you say something wrong and they'' hold it against you for forever
    and guys dont take things serious enough (or at least i don't)

but thats just my opinion and a little off-topic but
    im fine with people being gay but although i am against them marrying its not like theres anything that i'll be able to do to stop it
    so theres no point in arguing my opinion
    Doctor what is meaning of zis?

what is this? i dont even...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast