Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creationism Vs. Evolution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Creationism Vs. Evolution

This thread is listed and Miscellaneous because it incorporates both Religion and Science, not one or the other.

So let us get the century+ old argument going about Creationism Vs. Evolution.

I believe in evolution, except I have my own theory of how the universe was created. I believe that the universe has always been here, and such that allows me to make the laws of conservation of matter and energy in effect (matter and energy cannot be created only change forms). Now about *** the Earth I follow evolution through there. I believe that tons of hunks of rocks (asteroids, comets, etc.) eventually came and crashed together (because of gravity pulling them together). With those rocks came bacteria which over millions (and maybe billions) of years eventually formed the multi-cellular lifeforms which started to inhabit our water covered planet, and created fish. Then evolution followed through creating amphibians, then reptiles, then mammals and birds. Eventually the ape species **** sapiens evolved into what humans are today.

(Member since November 14th, 2009)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally, I believe that God created the universe, selected a bunch of random, far-apart planets, and then put bacteria on them able to adapt to the planet's climate and atmosphere.

Evolution did the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    This thread is listed and Miscellaneous because it incorporates both Religion and Science, not one or the other.

So let us get the century+ old argument going about Creationism Vs. Evolution.

I believe in evolution, except I have my own theory of how the universe was created. I believe that the universe has always been here, and such that allows me to make the laws of conservation of matter and energy in effect (matter and energy cannot be created only change forms). Now about *** the Earth I follow evolution through there. I believe that tons of hunks of rocks (asteroids, comets, etc.) eventually came and crashed together (because of gravity pulling them together). With those rocks came bacteria which over millions (and maybe billions) of years eventually formed the multi-cellular lifeforms which started to inhabit our water covered planet, and created fish. Then evolution followed through creating amphibians, then reptiles, then mammals and birds. Eventually the ape species **** sapiens evolved into what humans are today.
    Pretty much this. The universe, in same way, has had to exist for an indefinite amount of time. Something does not come from nothing. Therefore all the necessary things for a universe to exist must have already been here. The whole "something cannot come from nothing" theory works in evolution too, at least for me. Its obvious to me that, through natural selection, all of the species existing today evolved from something. We can all be traced back to some ancestor. Remember, evolution in its essence means change, and we most certainly have done that. Even from a hundred years ago, there are noticeable differences in humans. For example, its a fact that people today are, on average, a good deal taller then people a hundred years ago.

Also, scientifically speaking, all living things are made of the same "stuff." The base elements found in life are universal, carbon being a good example of this. We are recycled "stuff." If we're all made of the same things, then I find it pretty logical to say we had the same origins. If you trace the "stuff" back even farther then what we consider living organisms, then you will find that its the same stuff that makes up stars, planets, and, well, everything. Everything shares this common link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johtochampion View Post
    Pretty much this. The universe, in same way, has had to exist for an indefinite amount of time. Something does not come from nothing. Therefore all the necessary things for a universe to exist must have already been here. The whole "something cannot come from nothing" theory works in evolution too, at least for me. Its obvious to me that, through natural selection, all of the species existing today evolved from something. We can all be traced back to some ancestor. Remember, evolution in its essence means change, and we most certainly have done that. Even from a hundred years ago, there are noticeable differences in humans. For example, its a fact that people today are, on average, a good deal taller then people a hundred years ago.

Also, scientifically speaking, all living things are made of the same "stuff." The base elements found in life are universal, carbon being a good example of this. We are recycled "stuff." If we're all made of the same things, then I find it pretty logical to say we had the same origins. If you trace the "stuff" back even farther then what we consider living organisms, then you will find that its the same stuff that makes up stars, planets, and, well, everything. Everything shares this common link.
    Oxygen (65%)
    Carbon (18%)
    Hydrogen (10%)
    Nitrogen (3%)
    Calcium (1.5%)
    Phosphorus (1.0%)
    Potassium (0.35%)
    Sulfur (0.25%)
    Sodium (0.15%)
    Magnesium (0.05%)
    Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
    Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)

Just wanted to get those elements up that make up the human body.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's come to the attention of numerous agnostic and atheist individuals in the scientific community, that theories such as intelligent design are more probable to have occured than evolution and Darwin's Theory.

One example often raised is that of the bacteria organism, which when studied, is show to require every single component currently on it. Therefore, which is more believable, the bacterium was put there on purpose or it suddenly evolved into what it was? It is not possible for it to have evolved from anything because it cannot simply survive at all.

That's basically what I believe in crammed into some one hundred or so words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's not that it evolved from nothing, scientists think it was a thing called a Cell Colony (or something along those lines), which came together and kick started the evolution process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guys guys you got it all wrong,
    it was ALIENS

It's so nice sitting very still,
    In a room where no one else can feel
    The pain that breaks my heart each day
    I'm not okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People trying to disprove evolution should really get their Nobel Prize...

Artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I believe in both Creationism and Evolution.
    Perhaps God created the animals with the ability to adapt to new environments.

Artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i believe in evolution, the reason is simple. i cannot logically believe in someone/something that was imagined thousands of years before i existed, that would be like instead of buying a t.v we drew hyroglyphics on rocks and stared at them. i also believe that the reason there are so many different nationalities of human is that different ones are at different stages of evolution (in their evolution of their original primape form), i do not believe our minds evolve just our bodies to adjust to our ever changing climates and surroundings. i don't believe we were actually monkeys previously but i do think our homosapian species decends from a similar race that has the ability to evolve at a much faster rate. In order for god to have existed at any period of time past or present he would have had to make himself in order for him t make the world and the solar system, and one can not physically do anything without a solid structure or atmosphere to do so in, however you look at it religion holds no grounds in modern society, apologies if your religious and you're offended but in order to prove god exists you would have to get scientific and after thousands of years of people doing so it would be easier to just believe in science and evolution.
    --

Credits to HK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast