Angel and the Boy

This... Is rather random. I can't think of a good summary right now, so yeah. In short, this boy dies and is carried off to heaven by an angel. But it's much better than that, I promise. Enjoy.*

Angel glided through the boy's house and into his bedroom, where the boy lay sleeping. She became sad at the thought of taking a soul so young to heaven already, the boy only looked like he was six or seven - she did not understand how disease could make one die so easily - but there was no choice. He would have a better time in Heaven, anyway.*

Slowly and gently, Angel separated the boy's soul from his body, so that only the translucent form of his former appearance remained living. The boy, having been woken up, looked around him bewilderedly, then stared at Angel. "Where am I?" he asked. "Who are you? Where are you taking me?"

"Hush, my little child," Angel murmured as she led the boy outside of the house into the silent night.*"I am Angel, and I'm taking you to a much better place called Heaven," The boy was silent for a while as the two glided through the sleeping town. "Heaven?" he said finally. "Where everyone is happy and nobody is ill?"

"Yes," Angel replied, smiling. "It's a lovely place. You won't have to eat any nasty medicine, or have high fevers. And best of all, you won't ever be sad for long; Jesus will be there to cheer you up when you are." The boy smiled at the thought of this as well.*

"Will I be able to see my friends and my family?" He asked curiously, as he looked down at his best friend's house. Angel's smile faded from her place. "There will be a time when you will be able to see them," she answered. The boy said no more, as he realised what she meant.*

Another long silence followed as now Angel and the boy were flying above open lawns and fields, with the boy's hometown far behind them, now only a glimmer of streetlights. Villages were dotted around the countryside, but they seemed to be so scarce.*

"I never liked my town; it was too boring for me and my friends," the boy muttered. "But I will miss the sweets shop, and the toy shop as well; they had the best stuff ever." "Heaven will have a much bigger sweets shop and toys shop, with a gazillion sweets and toys you'll love," Angel told him. "So, can I have anything I want? And I won't have to sleep at night?" the boy asked with amazement. "Not everything, perhaps not, but most things. And there isn't night at all in Heaven," Angel answered, quite surprised at the boy's immense curiosity. The boy seemed to be very satisfied as well.*

The boy looked down, and now realised how far he was from the sea. "I'm scared," he sobbed, clutching Angel's arm, forgetting that he could fly. "You won't fall, silly; and if you do, I'll still find you anyway," she gave him a reassuring smile. In her opinion, boys were so sweet and clever and creative, yet as silly as clowns; scared of such little matters like death... But then, she never really understood the concept of death, since her fate forbid her from dying. Ah, boys; how she longed to raise one of her own.*

There was no land below them now, only a vast, deep blue ocean that seemed to have no end. They had left the green England behind them, and every now and then they caught glimpses of whales and dolphins doing backflips, still awake. "Earth is a beautiful place, too," Angel commented, "full of mysteries and adventures. If only you could have spent a little more time there." The boy nodded sadly, at the thought of not being able to be with his friends, family and home for a long, long time.*

Angel and the boy finally arrived at the gates of Heaven. "Will you stay with me?" he asked curiously. "I'm afraid not; I have other children to bring to Heaven," Angel answered, a sad smile on her face. "Children just like you; sick children, but those more unfortunate and who had to suffer even more pain, without any friends or family, and without good homes and medicine to help them." Angel saw the boy's eyes enlarge at the thought of such a thing, and giggled. "But they will be separated from pain soon. And they will find new family in God and Jesus here..." and with that Angel floated away, as the boy stood, watching her.*

"Angel! No!" the boy suddenly yelled. "I want to go with you!" However, only the echo of his own voice returned to him, as he was left alone to enter Heaven all alone.*

Would it be as good as Angel said it would be?