Thread: Pokemon RPG: Gray Version

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pokemon RPG: Gray Version

Story –

“In the Unova Region, one year has passed since the legendary battle between Black and N. However, with their captures of Reshiram and Zekrom, the balance between Pokémon and humans that Black had fought to secure was torn. The Pokémon released into the wild from their trainers by Team Plasma grew rebellious towards all humans and overwhelmed them. Most of the population fled to Castelia City to leave the country out of fear. Outside of Castelia City, the region became a ghost town, with only the bravest people staying and trying to keep their hometowns alive. Even the government began to push for legislation against Pokémon - outlawing the practice of Pokémon training, shutting down the Pokémon Association and all related services, and even mandating an ultimatum to put down all Pokémon species. Once the police force was assigned in carrying out the extermination of Pokémon, the Pokémon began to gather in the northwestern edge of the region, where the rebels believe that awakening the ancient Pokémon Kyurem may save them. In the meantime, a secret research has begun as the government attempts to recreate the incredible powers Pokémon possess for themselves. At the core, a civil war for the fate of all Pokémon and humans continues throughout the entire region for both races, between those who believe the tie can be rebuilt and those who wish only for complete dominance over the other race.”

Rules –

One character per player, with the exception of dungeon masters.

-A dungeon master will control the NPCs that they create to interact with the player characters in the story.

-A dungeon master will not have their own player character.

-At the moment, I will be the only dungeon master. However, I will need at least one more to help when I can’t come on due to my work. If you would like to be a dungeon master, do not create a player character. Send me a PM with an example, preferably an RPG you’ve had a major role in (or anything else you can think of that would be appropriate, such as completed character forms) and I will talk to you on Skype or Yahoo when I can.

-To be clear, by my definition, a “player character” is considered to be a player’s personal avatar in the RPG world with their own major plot, to be determined by the events created between the players and dungeon masters, within the plot of the RPG, and a “non-player character” is only to be used when necessary to move the plot along, usually by helping or hindering the player characters (depending on the actions of the player characters in relation to the NPC). Of course, player characters can interact with each other and affect each other’s plots as well.

--To put it simply, all player characters should have an ambition in relation to the story described above and NPCs will be the people who affect the plots of those characters. I’ve laid out four in the story – humans trying to dominate the Pokémon (police, scientists trying to recreate the powers of Pokémon,etc.), humans trying to protect the ties between races (trainers, Association employees, etc.), Pokémon trying to dominate the humans (rebellions, those trying to awaken Kyurem, etc.), and Pokémon trying to protect the ties between races (whatever you can think of). I’ve kept it vague for the players to create their characters based on these ambitions and then fill in the why’s and how’s as the game goes along. If you can think of other roles, feel free to propose them in your character but try to keep it related to the story.

-No power playing – give your character specific strengths, weaknesses, abilities, talents, and knowledge to apply to their actions in the story. Never state what another character says or does in your own post – wait for the other player to do so. Human technology used in this RPG should be relative to what we have today or has been displayed in the Pokémon media (ex. Poke Balls, teleports, etc.) – any futuristic technology not canon to the Pokémon world and has not been invented or is otherwise physically impossible at this time should be developed in the story – not already acquired at the start.

--Along with this, please describe scenery and the actions of your characters to the best of your ability to reduce confusion between players - one person might envision something differently from the next.

-As for the lifestyle of Pokémon in this RPG, the PMD games will be used as reference – Pokémon have a currency and trade system and build housing for themselves similarly to humans, etc.

-Remember to keep player knowledge and character knowledge separate. Just because you can read about something that happened elsewhere from someone else’s post, it doesn’t change the fact that your character wasn’t there to see it for him/herself. Also, try to separate your character from yourself and give him his own needs and desires – don’t just make him/her an extension of yourself with superpowers. Make his actions follow his own goals, don’t just make him do what you want him to do.

-Be patient and don’t jump from a story your character is involved in to another one because the other player or dungeon master hasn’t responded yet. If the other player inexplicably disappears or the story otherwise becomes impossible to continue, this will be acceptable.

Characters –

Name:
    Appearance: (Facial features, clothing and hairstyle of choice, type and shape of body/skin/hair, height and weight, physical strengths and disabilities, etc.)

Personality: (Favorites, common quotes, expletives, slang, habits, quirks, fears, comforts, self-perception, embarrassments, desires, soft spots and vulnerabilities, traits, inter-relationships, etc.)

Background: (Relationship with family and friends, relationship at work/school with co-workers/classmates, level of education, significant events of his/her past that affect him/her today, accomplishments and regrets, current lifestyle/job/schooling, etc.)

Motivations: (Philosophies, priorities, what he/she wants to change about him/herself, etc.)
    Goals: (What do his/her motivations drive him/her to work toward?)
    Other: (Anything else you feel doesn’t fit the other sections.)

Whether your character is human or Pokémon, fill this form out according to the guidelines (of course, disregard information that doesn’t concern your character – Pokémon usually don’t wear clothes, etc.) While it is your choice of what to disclose in the form that you post (if there’s something you don’t want the other players to know about your character, etc.), I do expect you to have a separate form for your own reference with everything while you’re playing the game. Remember to resolve interactions in the RPG according to the traits you give your character – avoid power playing!

As a final note, I’m currently still deployed and won’t be able to officially start this RPG until I get back to the States, which will be soon – I just can’t say when for security purposes. In the meantime, create a character if you’re interested in playing, ask any questions if something isn’t clear, or bring up any suggestions you may have for the RPG. Have fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this RPG looks intersting ^^ i'm signing up!

Name: Shadow.

Appearance: Well, he's a Pupitar. Blue-grey rock as skin, no mouth, the usual. Except for one thing: his eyes are not red, like other Pupitars; they are pure green. Very strong, resistant, but limited mobility ( shoots gas by air holes to move)

Personality: LIKES: Undercover Camo operations, Rock/Steel/ Ground type pokemon, Chople berries. DILSIKES: Reload times, Sand-attack, weaklings, Humans, Trainers, Poke Balls. ATTITUDE: doesn't use slang, he is a calm bad character. (Kinda like Hawkeye in one piece, as opposed to Bowser.) FEARS: that the human race takes over again and goes back to using pokemon to fight against each other for fun. HABITS: buries himself to sleep. always packs lightly, (chople berry, elexir, reviver seed) so he can bury that as well. He prefers to work alone, because most other pokemon either slow him down or outspeed him. He is very hard willed and a skilled fighter.SOFT SPOTS, EMBARRASEMENTS, WEAKNESSES, COMFORTS, DESIRES: chople berries. hey, he loves them.

Background: His only family is his uncle, an odl tyranitar who fought against the Humans and was the leader of the assault against Misltralton Town. ( he came by the mountains and made a plane crash into the pokemon center). Shadow is amazingly pround of him. Today, he is part of the grou of pokemon in charge of protection on the journey to Kyurem. He barely has any friends, except for the local cook, a Lickilicky, who always saves a chople berry for him. An ideal partner for him would be a slow ish ground/rock/steel type(Flygon, Hippodown, Magnezone ,Aggron, Steelix, Armaldo, Cradily...)

Motivations: Shadow goes by one philosophy: Never trust a human. he bears a deep grudge towards humans: they kileed his parents. He was a small Larvitar, it was a month after th War had started. His father was a soldier, and had recently been transferred to Unova. He tols the story of how spies from castelia had pctised with a Kingler from his squadron who had then had given them precious information about secret plans to take over Castelia. The plan was foiled and hundreds of pokemon killed. Shadow's father included. Later that day her mum hung herself.

Goals: Destroy the Human race.

Other: Moveset: Dark Pulse, Rock Slide, Screech, Sandstorm

credit for banners go to thBlob.
    Long live Pokemon!

Find my other adopts on the adoption site!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd just suggest adding a couple other influences. At the moment, your character's a bit too straight forward. You've got his goal and influences towards that goal down quite well, but remember people have more than one interest and more than just one experience in their lives that influence their actions. Basically just think of as many questions as you can about your character and answer all of them. I'm not saying you need to post all of this, but at least have it for your own reference to help flesh your character out in the game. Here's some examples:

What was one of your character's toughest challenges that he overcame? How did he overcome it and how did he feel during and after the challenge?
    What was one challenge your character failed at? What became of his failure and how did he respond?
    How much time did he spend with his father and uncle? What were their relationships like?
    How did he interract with others growing up? What made him a loner?
    How does he interract with others now? Why?
    What was his daily life like with his parents? His uncle?
    Did his parents/uncle have any problems raising him?
    What did he accomplish with their help?
    What did he accomplish without their help?
    Did he have any friends growing up?
    What were his goals and ambitions before his parents died?
    What's his daily life like today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Name: Dino

Appearance: Cranidos, who's skull is cracked slightly

Personality: Hardened, due to needing to grow up so fast. Still a kid at heart.

Background: A hardened child, thinking only of himself. He was released as a level 5 from a fossil machine. Over time, he has learned to hold nothing close.

Motivations: Staying alive

Goals: Survive the war.

Other: Moveset: Tackle, Take Down, Pega Punch, Protect
    Ability: Mold Breaker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok here's more description (I've had to retype this completely because my hamster clicked on the esc button and mad the whole thing go away)

As a Larvitar, Shadow had always been like all the other children: he had a group of friends he liked to play with, a best friend and a huge belly always in need of being filled up. His best friend was an elekid, and they hung out with a Tangela, Mareep, and two Poliwag brothers. Shadow and the gang went exploring all over Mt. silver every day, discovering places and treasures.
    When he moved to Unova, he lost his friends. His resolve of world peace became clouded, and he was not sure what to do anymore. When his parents died, his goals became clear: He would destroy what had taken his cherished ones from him.

credit for banners go to thBlob.
    Long live Pokemon!

Find my other adopts on the adoption site!

Why l'enfer do you want to know? Stalkers....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lets do this thing
    Name:Storm
    gender; female
    age;level 35
    apperance'; a pure white vulpix with dark blue and grey tails
    background; as a young vulpix, her trainer abandoned her for being oddly colored,resulting in her raising herself.she wears a scarf her mother gave her
    motivation;payback
    goals;to defeat the humans
    other; moveset- syncronize,heat wave,extrasensory;energyball.
    notes; wears an everstone so she cant evolve

man, my hand hurts...
    Last edited by Naiomi22; 06-04-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Why l'enfer do you want to know? Stalkers....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh and heres an image...
    storm.JPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Name: Ter

Appearance: He looks like every other Sandslash, except for his eyes, which are faded gray. He wears a white band around his left arm. This is the band that his previous trainer gave to him, and he has kept it ever since he was released in memory of his trainer.

Personality: Ter is very timid around humans. The only person he was ever comfortable with was his old trainer, who seemed to understand him. He was also a bit nervous with other pokemon, although he generally got along well with them. He used to be very naive as well. However, the death of his trainer affected Ter greatly. He has a deep hatred for Team Plasma, who started the pokemon split. Because of what happened with Team Plasma, and his love for his trainer, not to mention his first-hand look at how cruel both species can be, he is undecided as to which side he wants to take on that issue. Due to his indecisiveness, he is an outcast from many groups of pokemon and humans alike. This has made him independent. However, this has also made him very distrustful and somewhat arrogant in a way since he believes he can do things without help. He is also very lonesome, as no one really wants to be around him.

Background: He was abandoned as a child, due to his parents being killed off by a pack of Mightyena. He still has memories of his mother hiding him while his father fought off the Mightyena for as long as he could. He saw his own mother get eaten by the Mightyena. This memory is forever stuck in his head. After that incident, he wandered around the wild, searching for food and shelter. That's when he met his trainer, Rob. Rob was a young man, around his 20s probably. He spotted the little Sandshrew and decided to train it as his own pokemon. He called the little Sandshrew "Ter". They spent some time together, and eventually Ter evolved. As they grew closer and closer, Rob gave Ter the white band he wears on his arm to this day. The white band belonged to his father's Arcanine, which was his best friend. Ter also befriended the pokemon, except for a Golbat named Aerus, who always seemed angry at being captured and trained. He would always talk about the cruelty humans have against pokemon. Of course, he was alone on that note, since the party generally disagreed with him. One pokemon in particular that Ter befriended was a Growlith named Bliz. Bliz was the child of the Arcanine the white band belonged to. Bliz and Ter were best friends, they shared stories and evolved around the same time. Everything was going great, until one day, while Rob was inside a pokemon center, the place got robbed by a Team Plasma Grunt. He broke in to steal pokemon from their trainer. Rob revolted against him, and sent out his team of 6 to fight the grunt. Of course, Aerus turned against Rob as soon as he was sent out. Despite Rob's effort to fight the grunt, the grunt was too much for him, and he killed Rob with a Hyper Beam. All of the pokemon fled, not wanting to be killed. All of them parted ways, except for Bliz and Ter. Both of them joined up and started hunting and creating a shelter. Despite what had happen, everything was calm. Both were upset and disturbed by what had happen. One day, Bliz announced that he was turning against the humans, and wanted Ter to join. Ter was uncertain, and they had an argument over it. Finally, Bliz and Ter decided it was best if they part ways. Ever since, Ter has been roaming the wild alone without any friends.

Motivations: Survival
    Goals: His main goal is to find a place with friends. He also wants to find a place in the dispute.
    Other: Moveset: Slash / Earthquake / Rock Slide / Dig