Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tax the Rich more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tax the Rich more?

So, the usual plan that the government comes up with to decrease poverty is this: Tax the poor less, and tax the rich more.

However, does this method really work?

My dad is considered rich by the government, as he has a well-paying job, and so taxes him more than the others. However, because of that, we never have the chance to use all the precious money he earns, as most of it is collected as tax. And what happens to all the tax we pay? They are distributed to the poor.

In other words, all the poor people get all the benefits, while the well-payed people are left with half the profit they should have and no benefits whatsoever.

Think about it. What's the point of getting a good job when we can just lounge about, do nothing, pretend to be under harsh cir***stances, yet get all the money and benefits we need? What's the point? Do the poor people really deserve all these benefits from the hard-working rich?

Discuss.

Te amo - iam et pro semper...
    Credits to Skiyomi over in Serebii. Pokéshipping FTW!
    Credits to PixAlchemist (that's her name, right?) for the cute lil' avvie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really don't know how you can say that. Most of the time, the poor didn't choose to be poor, it was cir***stances that were out of their control. Whatever the case, they have to be helped. You can't ask whether they "deserve" help, they need it. I understand that you're disappointed with having less money than you might be making, and other families might have it the same way, but you're still much better off than the poor. You can sacrifice some of what you've learned to help the ones who need it more.

Sorry to go kind of preachy there :P

"But your course on Tuesday, or Air your comment here. We offer personalized jaws of life here that fear of video list. We lump to Top. But before the new more Pages and Menu Links. More e-region, or Joomla, but a comment. Alternatively visit our live at the gate. Learn more fear No polls for typography. We take you Around the forum that you drink more you. Your image, but sometimes members but, you is more. Attached a more easy to add Articles, nor more pain."
    Spoiler!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When poor people get taxed, it still feels alot to them to, therefore everyone feels the same. In some ways its fair, while in other ways its not fair. Do they really tax more for rich people? Are you sure it isn't constant use of lights, etc.,?
    I,Ninten, claim Soul Eater Evens from Soul and Eater.
    I, Ninten, also claim Kon from Bleach.
    I Ninten, claim Scraggy from Pokemon.
    My posts end up being way too long and end up turning into novels, like this one right here.
    ~Troll~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The man in these informative and humorous pictures represent the US government:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In America your taxes are based on your income, however the government has the power to increase taxes on one set group. The way I see it I say tax the rich more, especially since in America the gap between rich and poor is going higher (it's a time called the Great Divergence right now).

(Member since November 14th, 2009)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ The taxing system is the same in Britain, too.

I understand that some poor people didn't choose to be poor, but some people just didn't even bother at school, and got rubbish jobs. That's what makes me mad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even so, if you look at them later in life they probably regret not doing well in school as well as having to work outrageous hours just to survive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, but looking at the plans the government has made, they're going to give all their support to the poor.

Yeah, my dad has to work outrageous hours too, from 8 o'clock in the morning, and till eight in the evening, with only a one-hour lunch break in between. But technically he's doing all that hard work for nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On top of that, he's probably not in a "if I don't work these hours my family will die" scenario.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lol they added a censor?
    cir***stance

Tax the rich people, the rich rich, not the upper middle class

It's so nice sitting very still,
    In a room where no one else can feel
    The pain that breaks my heart each day
    I'm not okay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast