Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Books are dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He leído libros en línea. Si necesito un libro específico para una clase particular en que estoy, me basta con ir a la biblioteca de mi escuela

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I retract my earlier statement because I am reading a book I was hyped about last year The Son of Neptune! Its great I forgot how much i love to read!

Spoiler!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlackthornWolfx View Post
    Seriously people, books really aren't going to die out for a long time. It's only the people that don't read them that think this, or read everything online. I personally don't like reading online/ on the computer at all. I get easily distracted by other things or I get tired of looking at the screen, plus I agree with the people that said that they just like to physically hold something and relax. Maybe one day books won't be as common, but they aren't dying anytime soon
    I say it depends, is a book a physical item that has words inside, or is a book the story that it tells? If it's just the story then I'd say they've already started to die out because of things like iBooks and whatnot, where you can read your books without the book. That is also beneficial to the company because all they have to do is ask for distribution from Apple, instead of all these other companies, and then have to spend extra money to get covers and whatnot.

(Member since November 14th, 2009)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And I see where you're getting at, but I don't see this as coming to the point where books will die off due to iBooks. Maybe it's just the area I live in, but I honestly know no one that uses iBooks. They all still read normal books, like I do, so I don't know. I'm not saying that it won't happen, that I just don't see it coming anytime soon
    deviantART • Youtube • Tumblr • Twitter

Credit to PixAlchemist for the sig
    White FC: 1463 5881 2099

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This

It's so nice sitting very still,
    In a room where no one else can feel
    The pain that breaks my heart each day
    I'm not okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Books aren't dead yet...not until that generation dies out.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steel dragons View Post
    Books aren't dead yet...not until that generation dies out.
    Some books won't die quickly. "Educational" books will remain popular, and anyway, there are still people who read still in the current generation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    books wil never die because athors still make them and ibooks are still books you hold your ipod so does not matter a book is a book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Then...what is this I payed $600 for while enrolling in classes for the Fall semester? o_o

Artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Books will always exist. Whether digital or not, as long as we read and write there will always be books.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast