Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spitfire's Guide on How You Too Can Become a Good SS Member

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Spitfire's Guide on How You Too Can Become a Good SS Member

Also known as "How To Not Be a Stupid SS Member"

RULE NUMBER 1 - What Button?

See this right here? Well you too can see it if you look down at your keyboard. This cool little button is the secret of how to sound like a good member. Now I know many of you don't remember how English works but you start proper nouns and sentences with a capital letter utilizing the shift button and the corresponding letter. Try this and you too can become a good member.

Once you master this skill you can move on to things like learning your punctuation and grammar!

RULE NUMBER 2 - Don't Talk About Your Life

First is the worst and second is the best right? Well that's why this is second. Don't talk about your life on the forums. Now I know you might be thinking "But Spitfire I have friends here! How am I supposed to talk to them any other way?" FULL OF EXCELLENT QUESTIONS I SEE! Well it turns out there's this nifty little feature called private messaging on forums where you can send people you trust with information!

An extension of this rule is also the "No ****s given clause" if this rule is broken. This clause says that if you do it publicly everyone in the general vicinity has the right to completely destroy all your feelings and be as mean to you as they want (also known as giving no ****s).

RULE NUMBER 3 - Intelligence

Now I know there's this little foreign place in the back of everyone's mind called school. This place teaches you things! Shocker I know but you can learn things and be more intelligent about the topics you post in! Pay attention especially to things like history as you can relate almost anything to the past. Knowing things can actually be pretty cool because you can show off to all of your friends and do better in life!

RULE NUMBER 4 - Relationships

I shall be frank about this one. Not many people really care about what relationships you have or who you love, or what your fetish is. All relationships bring is unwanted drama, especially when they're over the internet. Also let's face it most of you here aren't even fourteen years old. You don't really know what love is.

RULE NUMBER 5 - Moderators Are Not God (Just Listen to Uzi)

WHAT MODERATORS ARE NOT GODS??? That's right my little friends, they are not. Moderators are people just like you and me and deserve to be treated as such. Being a moderator doesn't mean one is any more important than another member. As shown by the suggestion board, if someone makes a suggestion members can change things for the better of the community. Remember a community is nothing without people to populate it.

RULE NUMBER 6 - _____ Is a Troll/Was Mean to Me/ Is a Cyber Bully!

Guess what everyone? No one on this site is a troll or a cyber bully truly. True trolls or those without a purpose would be exterminated by the staff in a quick manner. Most of the time if someone is being mean to you they are trying to get you to understand a concept and thus make yourself a better member! Try thinking about what someone is trying to teach you through their actions!

*Suggested By Lord Penguin* RULE NUMBER 7 - Don't Whine About Rank/Rep

You really should not whine about your rank or reputation level. It is up to the other members whether they wish to give you reputation and help you increase or not. Smart posts such as this one are well rewarded without you asking for things like reputation. People appreciate good posts, make them and it will help you in the long run.

Love, Spitfire
    Last edited by Spitfire; 08-11-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    holy **** i love you spitty.
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Halftime ModeratorSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you for number 5 as it is the best paragraph on the forum.
    OLD ENGLISH.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4382-2004-0944
    2rule5s 10/10

It would be great if people would actually do this stuff but the fact that a guide would have to be made at all shows that most people here aren't intelligent enough to actually understand this.
    i removed the beautiful thing from my avatar it is now my profile picture

Meme Machine ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    >Rule #7

Thank you so much.

This needs to be stickied or something, other members could really learn from you.
    Last edited by Merga; 09-30-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Damn codes

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    5214-9356-2399
    I love rule #6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You could have put it simply to not be me.
    It takes a Teen Age Riot to get me out of bed right now.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    +rep, Liked, thread rated 5/5, and my favorite piece of writing of all time. Especially the thing about the Shift key. You'd think more people would be aware of the second or third biggest keys on the keyboard.

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimaeusX View Post
    I noticed that #5 is actually #6 and #6 is actually #7. :)
    Because retyping/doing code is too tedious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    Quote Originally Posted by BreeZaps View Post
    Trash Number 7. I dont want people to start hating on me. Sorry to say but I dont want any fights just do it.
    read rule 6 again.
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast