Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Thundurus and Excadrill are banned!

Artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thundurus wasn't that uber of a Pokemon. He was just a 22 speed points slower than Jolteon, but with a little more punch.
    As for Excadrill, I'm glad he's out of the ring. With Sandstream, he was terribly difficult to stop! He had Sand Force, Steel Type, and STAB Earthquake; worse than Garchomp. Garchomp only needed a good Ice Shard, while this guy just scruffs it off.
    Last edited by Neko; 03-10-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeupdate77 View Post
    Really it makes no sense to ban excadrill he's harmless oh! scratch that. they are all idiots they made a good choice to ban thunderus but i mean seriously excadrill he's so normal or regular i almost forgot he was a pokemon.
    Great post 2/10. Would have scored higher but you lacked an actual reason.

Also @ Neko: Thunderus didn't have a "little more punch", they had way more with Nasty Plot and vastly superior coverage. Not to mention priority Thunder Wave shut down any revenge killer.
    Last edited by Dimes; 02-27-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks mig!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO http://pokecheats.net/forum/member.php?9777-Dimesinbox

canada: COG-MajeSan: I am not a child molester
    canada: yet

(19:09:33) Eevee: i'm like
    (19:09:35) Eevee: really skinny?
    (19:09:48) Eevee: and haven't gone through puberty yet while some kids my age have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Excadrill - Okay I know I know. This thing really should've stayed in OU yeah it wrecks a ton. But it is checked by the likes of Gliscor, Breloom, and Conkeldurr. All of which are very common. Just because Excadrill can plow through teams that aren't prepared doesn't make it uber. That's why you have to think about team building. Team Building is when you work around counters and making your team damn near perfect. If you have trouble with a single pokemon. Fix it. Though Excadrill paired with Sandstream can be a terror. Look at Excadrill's typing. It's weak to 2/3 most common priority moves (Aqua Jet,Mach Punch). Though I can say that OU has become more diverse in it's absence.

Thundurus-This thing is a whole nother story. This thing was the bane of my existence. It would cribble sweepers and revenge killers which would essentially shut teams down. Nasty Plot sets are extremely scary also due to the fact that Thunderbolt is just a devastating move by itself. Though in ubers it still does the same thing but with a smaller chance of sweeping.

"Being skilled isn't all that's it's made out to be. When you're strong, you become arrogant and withdrawn. Even if what you sought after was your dream."-Itachi Uchiha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Excadrill 2hkos Gliscor and can OHKO Breloom. Conk needs to be at full health to even try. The only real counters to Excadrill were Skarmory, Bronzong and Quagsire.

Artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimesinbox View Post
    Excadrill 2hkos Gliscor and can OHKO Breloom. Conk needs to be at full health to even try. The only real counters to Excadrill were Skarmory, Bronzong and Quagsire.
    That's why I brought along either Quagsire or Skarmory on each of my teams. haha
    By the way, thanks for the info on Thundurus. Didn't think of it that way.
    Last edited by Neko; 03-10-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    That's why I brought along either Quagsire or Skarmory on each of my teams. haha
    By the way, thanks for the info on Thundurus. Didn't think of it that way.
    You still have to run Skarm or Quagsire on your teams lol. The threat of Haxorus, Dragonite and friends are pretty difficult to get around.

Artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, I still do! Haha Ferrothorn is awesome, but I can't risk the fighting type weakness with the way my teams are setup, so Skarmory is always on my teams.
    Last edited by Neko; 03-10-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567