Thread: Rules Reminder: ROMs

Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rules Reminder: ROMs

In the past couple of days, I have seen numerous users asking for ROM links, prepatched ROMs and I've even seen people asking to guide them to a certain ROM.

Let me just make it clear to everyone that;

1. Asking for ROMs is against the rules.
      At first, you will be given an infraction/warning depending on the moderator. However, do not think for one second that if you ask again for a ROM that we will not find out. Once you're infracted for something, it will always show in our logs what you have done in the past. Expecting for a second warning is not gonna do you any good because we will suspend your account for 2 weeks.
    2. Asking for prepatched ROMs is against the rules.
      This is basically the same thing as if you're asking for a ROM. Just because the ROM is patched with our translation - it doesn't mean that it's not illegal anymore.
    3. Asking how to get ROMs is against the rules.*
      There are several occurrences for this rule. Asking how to get ROM links is against the rules as well. We don't support piracy and having someone giving you the method in obtaining one falls under the category of supporting piracy. e.g: "Tell me what to search on google! A keyword, a site etc" This goes for people who are giving out hints & tips. You will receive the same punishment as the user who is asking for the ROM(s).
    4. Linking to ROMs
      This is flat out against the rules and if you are caught giving out ROM links, you will be permanently banned from our forums.
    5. You will be caught
      High-ranking staff can easily see all content on this site. There is no such thing as "private" messages. Such messages may be private from the public, but high-ranking staff members can still see them.

This list can/will be updated in the future.
    Last edited by Kyohack; 08-22-2012 at 12:09 PM.